(139) Homework Time - Intruality

Summary: Patton and Remus' kiddo have homework time after a big day of school - and he only wants to do homework when he has his father's help.

Just some cute domestic fluff :)

Words: 1118

Remus took a breath as he got back from work, getting his backpack off but immediately turning his laptop on and starting work again. Yes - he probably should have a break but he had to finish this design and honestly the software he was using made it fun. He hummed softly to himself as he zoomed into a semi-complete living room design, reaching across the counter as he spotted some freshly baked cookies. The house was too quiet so his husband wasn't home yet. It was probably school pick-up time.

"Dad!" Now there's the noise that Remus adored in his household, making the father smile wide as his seven year old son ran through the front door and straight into his arms. Patton soon followed, giving his husband a kiss on the cheek before checking their daughter was playing safely with her toy box. Soon Parker joined his sister Meadow on the floor as they brought out the Legos.

"Have you been stealing cookies?" Patton chirped, glancing at the cookies on the baking tray and immediately noticing the gap of cookies at the corner. Remus just smirked back and continued his work, stealing yet another round ball of chocolate. "Hey! You're as naughty as the kids!"

"You better punish me then."

Patton rolled his eyes and giggled, placing the remaining cookies in the cookie jar and tying it shut with a green and blue ribbon. Every day Remus was grateful he met, dated, and married such an amazing man and such a natural father.

"What did you learn at school today kiddo?" Remus chirped, ruffling his son's hair as he ran past to get some of the fresh cookies. Parker was in first grade and maybe a little bit mischievous for his own good, inherited from his interior design father as Patton was almost a downright nerd in school. 

Parker's gleam indicated that the day was good in the six year old's books - and not so great in the teacher's. "We learnt about sound in science!" Ah, that's it, Remus' family was never known for being quiet. "And Mr Berry asked us what was loud - as if he didn't know! So I had to be loud all day so that I could teach him exactly what we were learning."

"I think Mr Berry already knows what 'loud' means honey, that's why he's teaching you." Patton knelt down and gave Parker one of the cookies, much to the pretend annoyed pout of his husband. But yes, Mr Berry was a mutual friend of Remus and Patton's in high school and he could burst eardrums with his 'falsehood' shouts. 

Meadow also stumbled into the kitchen as she smelled cookies, looking up at the baker and then at her other father nonchalantly leaning against the counter. She did grabby hands to be held and mumbled a "cookies!" while pointing.

"Papa's not giving us cookies sugar, isn't he a meanie?" Remus cooed and kissed his toddler's cheek, a movement that got the desired effect of Patton grabbing the baking tray and bringing the treats closer. 

"I'm just not giving you sugar sweetheart." Patton kissed his husband's cheek again as their daughter clumsily handled the chocolate chip cookie and sucked on it to bring her to silence. "You'll spoil your appetite before dinner." Remus' appetite was not satiated by Patton's kisses though, so Remus accepted the defeat from the cookies and took a sweet kiss instead from the one he loved. Never in the world would he regret this family life.

As Parker finished his cookie he placed his red backpack on the table and brought out all his school books, going to sit right next to the work his father was doing. "What's your homework kiddo?" Remus chirped, placing Meadow down so she could toddle more and instead focusing on his son. Parker brought out his pencil case and swung his little legs staring at the work.

"I have English..." The boy mumbled, biting the end of his pen as he looked through the worksheet with a lost look. "I don't understand it though."

"Well I can help bud! What did Mr Berry say you should do?" People were surprised when Remus first became a parent, they all thought he wouldn't take to it as well as he did. But as soon as he saw Parker's happy, brown eyes he knew he'd never stop feeling like a proud father. Parker explained the worksheet, where he had to use adjectives on certain objects Mr Berry already gave. It wasn't often Parker was confused with homework - but when he was he became a thousand times cuter. "So let's see... How would you describe an apple bud?"

Parker pouted and tapped his pencil. "Uh... Green, but Mr Berry said we could only use one colour and I already used red." The first grader frowned as he watched his sheet, his eyes glued on the cartoon of an apple.

But the pat of an apple of the counter caused Parker to raise his head, facing a smiling Patton with the proud look in his eyes, Meadow on his other arm. "Maybe you can try to describe an apple to Me-Me? As if she hasn't seen one before."

"It's shiny..." Parker kept his eyes on the apple but gained confidence as he spoke, Remus helped by noting down what the child said. "It's juicy and a little sour and... are those adjectives Dad?"

Remus nodded excitedly and kissed Parker's forehead with another hair ruffle. "You're doing well! You've got a few more left... How about you describe its size?"

Parker tilted his head and silenced again. "It's small? It's not big like a dinosaur..." The cutest little gasp escaped Parker again as he looked at his worksheet. "I can describe a dinosaur as big! I'm doing it Dad!"

"You are kiddo." Remus eventually mumbled as he watched Parker scribble on the small sheet. A few more questions came but Remus could focus back on his software and designing, or as Parker called it: 'adult homework'. Meadow was beside his feet with her Barbies and was trying to encourage her father and brother to play (even though Patton was perfectly willing to join).

Eventually Remus was greeted by a kiss on the forehead and arms around his shoulders as he worked, adoring Patton's touch just as he did years ago when they were just high schoolers that were casually dating.

"We're infinitely proud of you kiddo." Of course Patton was speaking to their son but the sentence was spoken in such a soft whisper. It was the most adorable.

"Super, duper proud." Remus mumbled back, leaning into the touch and smiling wide. He loved it.