(196) *Requested* I Want To Try For A Baby Part 2 - Analogical

Summary: Logan and Virgil prepare for their new family member, with Logan a lot more worried than his surprisingly relaxed husband.

Words - 1463

Virgil's lips smashed against his husband's lips as soon as the pair entered their home. The kiss didn't last long though as he couldn't stop smiling. "I love you, I love you, I love you... We're doing it!" The hoodie-wearer whispered, holding his more sophisticated husband's cheeks. Logan was smiling too, although softer, and his eyes were exploring every crevice of Virgil's face like he'd never seen it before.

And Virgil knew why his husband had a sudden curiosity in his partner's face. They had just returned from visiting Logan's sister, who had agreed to be their surrogate a couple months ago. And now she had given them the news that the implantation was a success... She was going to carry their first baby.

Logan only unleashed a noise in terms of a giggle when Virgil gave him a mischievous smirk. "So... What's our first actions as new fathers-to-be going to be?" Virgil had his arms on Logan's shoulders, and Logan had his hands on Virgil's hips. Virgil's plan was to spend the rest of the day kissing on the sofa and watching movies but Logan had other ideas - he let go of Virgil's hips and walked towards the kitchen. 

"I want to make sure Louisa feels supported with us, so I want to make some sacrifices too." The clank of dishes when Logan opened the cupboard joined Logan's low, calm voice. "I'd like to give up alcohol for nine months." The husbands weren't heavy drinkers at all, but they did enjoy a glass of wine at dinner when they felt like being romantic. Still, it was Logan's choice whether or not to drink so Virgil didn't say anything. He was kind of annoyed when he didn't get a kiss on the cheek as Logan brushed past him though. "Same with goat cheese, raw meat, raw eggs... And I'll be avoiding coffee and tea too."

Virgil playfully rolled his eyes, knowing his husband's perfectionist behaviour. The couple's first child, the curious ginger cat called Mario, attached himself to Virgil's feet as soon as he left the kitchen. "I'm guessing you don't want us to clean Mario's litter tray either then?"

One husband laughed, while the other raised an eyebrow in quiet thought. "I suppose we could, we can buy at automatic cleaner." Virgil couldn't even laugh at that, he was just in silent shock. His husband needed reassuring.

"Honey, here." Virgil put on his commanding voice, brought his arms out, and waited until Logan brought his arms around his waist and lay his head on his shoulder. This was a trap. Usually this position was used when Virgil was panicking over something, he found the holding reassuring when he was having a panic attack, but in some moments Virgil managed to trick his husband to talk about his feelings too. "You'll be an amazing Dad sweetheart, even with raw eggs and a bottle of red wine." Virgil whispered in Logan's ear, chuckling a little when Logan held on tighter. He needed to hear that. "I'm excited to start this journey with you."

Logan didn't answer for a second and just held his soulmate in his arms. But when he did eventually speak, Virgil fell in love all over again. "I'm excited too, I love you so - so much."

*****

"No, no Storm Cloud - the 'powdery dusk blue' will be a feature wall. The 'light blue with a drop of lilac' is the main base." Of course the calm reassurance didn't last all nine months. Logan's sister was twenty weeks along the pregnancy when the fathers-to-be decided to paint the small office that would now be their baby's nursery, and they decided on blue walls with pastel purple decorations to bring together the two men's favourite colours. 

Virgil gave his husband a smirk, a smirk that communicated as 'please shut up', and stuffed his hands in his pockets looking at the two tubs of paint. "They're both blue Sherlock. Would our baby notice the difference?" Virgil couldn't get enough of the grin Logan showed whenever the words 'our baby' was uttered from either of the men's mouths. They both still couldn't believe they were having a baby together.

"I want it to be perfect." Logan knew he was looking at perfection already as he said those words. He was in a room in his own house, with this small newly significant room showing a view of a beautiful medium-sized garden, but in front of that window of silence was a man with perfect physical features. Right now that amazing man was wearing a pair of black overalls, hair knotty and a mess, with a ripped, old t-shirt to match. That t-shirt must have been years old by now, maybe that shirt was the same one Virgil wore on their first dating anniversary. Logan would never forget how loved he felt in the night of their first anniversary. 

Virgil had a mischievous smirk watching his blushing husband, focused on nothing but staring at his husband. "Do you want to help me honey?" The man chirped, placing a brush down and waltzing over to wrap his hands around Logan's shoulders. Logan's lips rushed towards his husband's lips as if there was limited time, and Virgil could physically feel Logan's shoulders destress at the meeting. But unfortunately there was some work to do, so Virgil stepped back and grabbed the brush again. "I'd really love your help Teach."

Logan immediately grabbed a brush and started painting the wall with apparently the 'right' blue. The pair started painting, holding hands and exchanging flirty remarks and things they were excited about while nurturing a new life. Eventually holding hands wasn't close enough for the pair, and Virgil's overalls were quite clean, so Logan decided to bring a full roller of paint towards Virgil's back.

"Ack! Lo!" Virgil shrieked at the coldness and sudden force on his back and he whipped his body around. "Uh, I thought I wouldn't have to discipline naughty behaviour until our baby reaches toddlerhood." The 'our baby' again caused Logan and Virgil to smile like idiots. Then Virgil put the paintbrush down, and met his lips with his husband's for yet another time.

Logan didn't mind covering his palms in blue paint just to have a sweet, tender, and loving kiss from the man he was raising a baby with.

*****

Virgil held the door open for his husband and their new family member, a small smile as he saw them together. Their child was still in their car seat, half-asleep but mumbling and screeching when they saw one of their dads. The two men didn't speak until the front door was closed and the carseat was placed on the dining room table. The baby mumbled louder when Logan looked down on them. "Yeah, I know!" Logan chuckled, slowly picking the onesie-wearing infant and cradling them over his shoulder. He smiled wider when he met eyes with Virgil. "So small..."

"He'll get bigger." Virgil chuckled, kissing Logan's cheek and staring down at their shared life. His wrinkly face, his fluffy baby blue onesie, and a tuft of blond hair that must have been a recessive trait somewhere. "Bet he'll need glasses in a couple of years."

"How much are we betting?" Logan whispered, his eyes still not leaving his husband as he rocked his son gently to reassure him to sleep. 

The husbands knew all their money will be devoted to their son from now on, so there was only one real way to bet on something as future thinking as whether their baby will need glasses in the future. "How about a full day where you do everything I say... with expressed consent of course."

Logan smirked and nodded, knowing he'd happily do that request anyway if Virgil so desired it. He really would do anything for the father of this precious baby he held in his arms. Unfortunately that baby was relatively fussy though, and he soon started crying assumably for some warm milk as his first meal in the brighter side of the world. "We hear you kiddo, we do." Virgil chirped, taking the baby from Logan's hands as he wanted to be in charge of the first feed. Louisa wanted her brother to hold her hand during the birth after all.

But Logan soon brought his arm around his husband's shoulders and looked down at the big blue eyes that were in the same doe-shape Virgil had and Logan adored. The serious but nervous new father leant down, wiping a tear from his son's eyes and kissing his chubby cheek before whispering very softly and carefully words this little person will hear a lot more throughout his life. 

"We hear you and we love you, our little Patton-cake."