(102) New Foster Home - Teen Logan (and ThomasxNico)

Summary: Logan has been passed around different foster homes ever since elementary school as his mother has promised to get better for 10 years now. Now he's 16 and on his last hope, but his new foster parents inspire him to fight for his sanity.

TW - Foster care, homophobia and religion, mental health and addiction (all mentioned but not the main point).

Words: 1822

Here it was - Logan's new foster home. Not that it was a momentous moment though, he knew that. Just a few months or a year and he'll be gone again. That's what happened to teens in the foster care system and nothing was going to change. 

The house looked like any normal house with a batch of flowers on the front patch of grass, a white picket face, and a stone pathway leading to a small balcony. There wasn't a waving family on the doorstep yet but that was also partly expected - he wasn't the cute little kid he used to be when he first entered the system.

"So I'm a bit unsure what these parents' jobs are kiddo..." The social worker, who had driven Logan to this place, started speaking. Logan was only called 'kiddo' by the people he knew as they had so many 'kiddos' they possibly couldn't remember their names. He was just another statistic. "Apparently one of them is a YouTuber? Do you know what that is?" The social worker Gina had been placed with Logan since he entered the foster care system at six years old - but she was reaching 60 now and incredibly out of touch. Even more out of touch than Logan.

"Yeah, they make videos online." Logan mumbled, too scared to get out the car just in case these parents had extra affectionate children. Gina looked even more confused. "And people watch them. I watch a few YouTubers... But I prefer Twitch which is a different thing..." Gina slowly nodded along, smiling the exaggerated smile she always did on her job, and Logan smiled back softly.

"Maybe you watch him!" Gina cheered, leaving the car to influence Logan to as well. Likeliness though was, as this wasn't Wattpad, said parent would really just be a channel with around 100 subscribers and no real influence. He might be using his foster son for content - that will be a new experience. "Anyway, so it's two fathers - no kids as you seem too old for little kid company. Thomas is a YouTuber and Nico... I'm not sure - I think he said he's a writer?"

Logan retrieved his trash bag of belongings from the back of the car and walked with Gina to his 'new home'. The house didn't seem to belong to two creative people, it seemed boring and ordinary. At least he won't have to deal with children but he might have to deal with annoying adults if both fathers worked from home. The teen could only pray to God they were introverts.

When the door opened Logan was faced with a taller man dressed in almost all black apart from a purple t-shirt and purple patches on his hoodie. On his face black eyeshadow seemed to be applied the wrong way round but he was greeting the two new people with a smile. "Oh! It's 5pm isn't it? Super sorry, I was just in the middle of work." The man then turned and began running around the living room removing cameras and stray pieces of paper with scribbled highlights and notes. Packing one of the cameras was a darker skinned man of the same age with wide glasses and softly smiling at Logan when he walked further into the house.

"Nice to meet you Logan. I'm Nico Flores." The camera man smiled and said softly, wiping some ink off his dark green shirt and coming closer. He did look nice but looks could deceive when the social worker was nearby. "Do you want to sit and have tea, coffee, or hot cocoa with us? Or Thomas can show you your new room and you can relax until you're comfortable."

Logan shrugged as an instinct but had already made his decision. "My room please." He'd only be in this house for maximum a year - he should make sure his bed is comfy.