(192) Crofters Isn't Quite A Dealbreaker - Prinxiety

Summary: Roman's favourite food is Crofters, and it always has been. But unfortunately his soulmate doesn't have the same view.

Sorry for the long break! Uni's been taking all my energy XD

TW - mpreg (Virgil is trans), vomiting mentioned.

Words: 1552

Logan woke up early in the morning, so that he could head to the library before his 10am lecture. It was his third year of college, he was ready to graduate already but unfortunately majoring in data science was not an easy ride. The only thing that motivated him in the morning was a toasted bagel covered in his favourite jam - Crofters.

Unfortunately for his student bank account his roommate was much the same with his Crofters obsession. "Morning Lo." Roman mumbled lowly, yawning and stealing the open jar for his toast. The English major looked like he had just woken up, his hair ruffled and cheeks slightly pink. It was quite surprising he was up this early to be fair as he left the house around 11pm to head to a bar while Logan was working.

"How was your night last night?" Logan asked offhandedly, expecting a shrug but when he saw his roommate wear a wide, excited grin he knew he was in to hear a wild ride.

Roman's cheeks were as red as his t-shirt as he childishly giggled. "Well, I got someone for the night. And they're... they're so attractive." Roman's eyes were wide as if he was travelling back to that night, as he often did when he had someone stay the night. "I mean, Lo you've got to see them - they've got the most beautiful eyes! Isn't it called heterochromia or something? You know when one of the eyes is brown and the other's blue?"

Now this was a little usual, most of the time Roman would go into way too much detail on his sexual adventures while the pair ate Crofters together. But focusing on the eyes was a new one. "I think they'll be a repeated customer in my bedroom Lo, honestly. I can't stop thinking about them."

"Oh, you really can't stop thinking about me?" A laugh was heard as a figure walked out Roman's bedroom. And Logan knew that voice immediately - and it seemed as though the voice recognised Logan too. "Oh shit, you didn't tell me you had a roommate Lo!"

Roman's eyes widened as Logan gave the smile of recognition to his one night stand. "How do you two know each other?"

"We're in the same statistics class." Virgil walked past the two men for his coffee, giving both a smirk. He then opened the fridge to seemingly welcome himself to food, but instead gave the food a confused look. "Wow, you guys really are obsessed with Crofters jam."

"Do you want to try it?"

Roman ran up to Virgil and held his hip, offering a fresh jar of jam that his lover just turned his nose up at. "No thanks. Jam makes me sick."

"No way." Roman laughed, still offering the jam before Virgil walked away with a batch of cookies made by Logan's best friend. "You don't like Crofters?"

"Never have, never will."

Usually, Roman would cite a dislike of Crofters' jam as a turn off because he was petty and dramatic when it came to his favourite jam brand. But Logan noticed a new look in Roman's eye, a look of determination as he examined Virgil up and down and smiled. Eventually Virgil found some cereal and scoffed on that as Roman gave him a loving look. "I'll make sure to change that..."

*****

Of course Roman and Virgil weren't going to stay as casual hook-ups for long, and by the time the pair reached their late twenties they were celebrating their first night as a married couple. "Want some sherry before bed sweetheart?" Roman poured some alcohol for himself, turning to his amazing husband that was taking off his binder after wearing a suit the entire day.