(26) Why Are They Like This? - VirgilxRemy

Summary: Virgil and Remy have children, and they love them. The only thing is that the pair are sarcastic introverts while their boys are chaotic and always shouting and wanting to go outside. They wouldn't trade them for the world though.

And yes Virgil and Remy have baby Logan too, I just love Logan being the oddball of his family. Also I had enough of constantly using husband, boyfriend and fiancé so in this Virgil is Remy's loveperson (great gender neutral version - but in this chapter Virgil uses he/him and maybe is AFAB it's up to you)

Words: 1005

Remy took a smell of his coffee, marvelling over the slight cinnamon scent he always added at the beginning of the day for good luck. He wanted to go to a coffee shop and get his drink there but unfortunately it was 4am. Remy wasn't usually awake at this time, he slept like a baby, but was summoned to sit at the dining room table after hearing very loud toddler footsteps coming downstairs. And there was only one way to summon his toddler.

"Any luck babe?" Virgil, Remy's loveperson who was usually awake at this time, said in a whisper as he sat opposite him. A small smile graced his lips as he leant his head on the table, gazing up at his lover with his dark brown doe eyes. Remy smiled back down at him, struggling to believe 18 year old Remy actually had the balls to ask such a cutie from his college days out on a date 11 years ago.

"I'm afraid not cheery tree..." Remy mumbled back, taking another sip before hearing crashing from a nearby closet. The noise made Virgil giggle. "Well, spoke too soon."

"Coffee?" The family's toddler, Remus, appeared from the closet wearing a crown and a tutu - the closet was probably his palace in the imagination game he was playing. "Can I have Da?" Remus walked over with grabby hands. Remus loved his Da's coffee and often wanted to try a sip, but he was only 3 so he couldn't have all the coffee he wanted.

Remy smiled and got an espresso cup from the cupboard, filling it with coffee just as soft cries were heard from the other side of the house. Virgil disappeared in search of the cries which allowed Remy to carry his toddler onto a counter and gently give him the small cup for his coffee fix (although it was secretly decaf - Remus was too chaotic for actual coffee). After a few minutes Virgil appeared again cradling the small skin sack of the couple's youngest son - Logan.

"How is he?" Remy whispered even quiet than before, cuddling up to his lover and staring down at the baby. Logan was a blessing baby - always quiet unless he was upset, cutely curious about everything and he had the biggest and most beautiful smile. Every time he watched Logan open his eyes after a nap his mind replayed his birthday, and admiring how much the little boy had grown already in 3 months.

"He's per... ROMAN!" Virgil screamed spotting their oldest son, the adventurous 7 year old Roman, looking through the knife draw with a determined look on his face. Logan fussed slightly at the noise and was given to Remy, who cradled the infant and watched Virgil discipline. Virgil was the best at controlling their hyper boys. "You know the knife drawer is off limits, you could hurt yourself."

"But I want my sword! I need a sharp one for the dragon witch!" Roman screamed back, stomping his foot as Virgil gave him a glare.

"What about the one Uncle Emile gave you for Christmas?" Virgil responded back as calm as he could manage. Emile was Remy's twin brother, and was maybe the reason Remy's kids were so excitable. Emile travelled a lot with his husband Patton so wasn't around that often, only for Christmas and his and Remy's shared birthday. After a bit more glaring Roman sulked off and back upstairs; Virgil's glance softened and he looked back at Remy. "Was I too tough there on him?"

"You were fine sweetie." Remy walked over to Virgil, handling him Logan and kissing his forehead, making Logan gargle in between them and both of them smile. "Do you agree Logan?"

"Coffee!" Remus' scream interrupted the cute moment, his voice slight raspy as the toddler screamed a lot. He held the coffee cup up victoriously and got another refill before he complained more. Remus, however, decided he wanted attention instead of coffee and walked over to his second father with the big puppy eyes he mastered in infancy. "Up!"

Virgil smiled and placed Logan carefully on the table, watching him glance up at the ceiling curiously before holding Remus in his arms and attacking him with face kisses. Remus' little giggle was infectious when he got face kisses, really showing his cute and innocent stage of life as Virgil was swaying side to side during the kissing attack. Remy couldn't help but smile and watch, also taking part in the kissing attack and making Remus' laugh louder.

"I'm ready to fight!" Roman's scream quieted Remus' laughter, as Roman revealed himself with his plastic sword and prince outfit both given my his Uncle. "I'll protect you all from the dragon witch Dad!" And Roman continued to run around happily, soon joined by Remus who wanted to help. Remy took Logan again and sat down, smiling at his family before remembering the text he had received from his brother the night before.

"Oh Verge?" Virgil turned away from the breakfast he was preparing with a smile, passing him Logan's bottle in case father-sense kicked in. Remy took it just in case but kept it on the table to continue speaking. "Emmy's coming to visit next week, he's a father now - did I tell you that?" Virgil dropped one of the plates in the sink at that news, his mouth open. They had heard Emile and Patton were preparing to adopt for a while, Patton absolutely adored Remy's boys, but they both thought it would be a few years yet when Emile wasn't travelling so much. "A little boy, same age as Roman. I told them to prepare for a wild ride." The pair laughed just as they heard a crash and scream from the two running children, and then a loud 'we're OK' from Remus.

"Well, I suppose we can visit next week. Patton will freak out over little Logan though." The fathers smiled at each other watching Logan fall asleep in his father's arms. "Where's his unicorn onesie?"