Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Two Transactions

Many came to the funeral. There were famous stars and great directors, which then led to the arrival of obscure celebrities, as well as the reporters that were chasing after their footsteps. Very quickly, this funeral turned into a socializing party.

"Isn't this strange? She didn't have this many friends while living, and yet now that she's dead, there are so many more." A familiar voice rang out behind Ning Ning.

Without having to turn around, she knew the owner of the voice.

Chen Guanchao walked to a few steps behind her before bending down to place a white chrysanthemum onto the coffin.

"You turned her into an exhibition." He straightened his back from its previous bending position, and turned to face her with a smile.

Ning Ning's lips moved wordlessly, unable to think of any words of rebuttal because he was right. Someone who was sincerely here to attend their friend's funeral would never bring along selfie sticks and reporters.

"Oh right," Chen Guanchao said, "I heard a rumor recently."

"A rumor?" Ning Ning asked.

"I heard that you are going to auction your mother's belongings," He stared hawk-eyed at her, "including her trophies and underwear."

Ning Ning looked at him wide-eyed in disbelief, "Why would I do something like that?"

"You better not do so." Chen Guanchao paused momentarily as if he was contemplating something, before continuing finally, "You can come for an audition next week. Although the female lead has already been decided, the supporting role is still undecided."

If he had told Ning Ning this news in the beginning, she would have been happy beyond words. However, hearing it now only made her feel humiliated and upset because it felt too much like charity.

"This is not charity." He answered as if he could see her thoughts, a scornful smile on his face. "This is a transaction, to put it simply, you keep your mother's dignity and I give you a chance."

Ning Ning stared at him before appearing as if she wanted to speak but was interrupted by her phone ringing. She furrowed her eyebrows at the incalling number, before hurriedly rushing off to the lounge after saying a few words of "apologies" to Chen Guanchao.

"What are you saying?" In the lounge, Ning Ning was simmering in anger, "Mom only just left and you already want to auction her belongings?"

In a luxury store in Hong Kong, an old granny in a leopard print leather coat was currently trying on diamond rings, while a shop attendant held up a phone to her ear. She replied unhurriedly as she admired the shining glimmer on her fingers, "I don't have enough allowance."

Ning Ning took few deep breaths, "How much do you want?"

"Give me 1 million for now," Old granny said.

"I just gave you 1 hundred thousand last month and you are asking me for 1 million now?" exclaimed Ning Ning.

"In her younger days, your mom would give me whatever amount I wanted when I asked." The old granny replied coldly, "She's great in all ways except for giving birth to an ungrateful brat like you. I'm only asking you for some allowance and you are giving me this poor attitude. Are you out to piss off your maternal grandmother?"

Ha! To think someone like her exists in this world!

Who in the industry doesn't know that everything about Ning Yuren is great, except for having a blood sucking vampire-like mom like Cui Hongmei. As a movie empress of a generation, why would she not have any money left for her own medical expenses? Where did it all go? It all went into Cui Hongmei's luxury leather coats, diamond rings and villas.