Chapter 47

47: Wen Yu

The atmosphere was a little sombre, a crass birdcall just had to ring out at this moment. Ning Ning looked up and saw a ball of black spinning above her, they seemed to be crows.

After the crows left, Ning Ning slowly looked back at the Doorman. "...What will happen if I change the fate of the lead character twice, or thrice?"

The Doorman let out a laugh, then looked sideways behind him.

Ning Ning followed his vision.

Behind him were masked people. They were packed behind the entrance of Life Theater. They looked at her with jealousy and greed, like prisoners filled with the desire to look at the outside world.

The Doorman slowly turned back and laughed, "You can try it."

How would she dare to?

From that day onwards, everyone with eyes could see that she was distancing herself from Shi Zhong Tang.

Besides the times when they would film together, she would avoid him. If she could not avoid him, she would close her eyes to rest, like now.

Ning Ning was lying down on the chair in front of the dresser, a jacket was draped across her body, her eyes were closed as if she was taking a nap.

"Why have you been ignoring me recently?" Two hands were propped up on the back of the chair she was lying on, Shi Zhong Tang's voice rang out from above her head.

"..." You could never wake a person who was pretending to be asleep.

"I know you are pretending to be asleep." Shi Zhong Tang fell silent, suddenly he asked while sounding hurt, "Do you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate you." Ning Ning thought with her eyes closed. "I'm only afraid of you."

What the Doorman said made her restless. She felt that she did not do anything that would change Shi Zhong Tang's fate, but the Doorman did not feel the same way. When she thought about it again, she felt that the Doorman was right.

After all, she was right in the midst of it. Watching things from an outsider's point of view was different. She might feel that she did not do anything, but from a spectator's point of view, the answer would be completely different.

She sighed and opened her eyes. "Wait till the end of the filming of this movie."

Shi Zhong Tang, "Hmm?"

Ning Ning did not even have the courage to look at his eyes while she spoke. She stared at his reflection in the mirror and said, "I will give you a definite answer after we finished filming this movie."

As she said this, her ending tone had a very slight tremble. She felt like she had become a murderer, especially when she saw the clear and surprised smile of Shi Zhong Tang in the mirror.

How could she tell him—once the filming was done, you would die.

"Then it's a promise. Once the filming is done, you would give me a definite answer." Shi Zhong Tang said with a smile, his eyes were brighter than usual. It was common with most people, their eyes would suddenly lit up when they saw their love interest. "Right, I only take 'yes' for an answer."

Ning Ning closed her eyes, it was even harder to look at his eyes now. She carelessly answered, "Let's talk about it after everything wraps up."

That would be the day Shi Zhong Tang committed suicide.

All alone, without anyone around him, dying alone.

Once he died, this movie would end. Once he died, she would be able to go back. Once he dies, her candle would stop burning. It didn't matter if it was her life, health or anything else that was burning.