Chapter 119

119: Kept in Captivity

Two days to go, everything was normal.

At the very least, they looked normal on the surface.

"Big Sister Little Ai." Li Shan Zhu's smiling face greeted her the moment the door opened, he was holding a plastic bag. "I brought breakfast for you."

Breakfast was soy milk, fried dough fritters, fried sesame balls and red bean buns .

"You don't like these?" He surveyed the look on Ning Ning's face. "Are they too greasy? Do you want me to go downstairs to buy milk and bread?"

"No need, I don't have much of an appetite this morning." Ning Ning had only wanted to say that as a formality, but she actually lost her appetite very quickly.

Her phone which did not ring once the entire night suddenly rang now, it was also a call that brought her extremely bad news.

"You don't have to come to the office today." It was Zhang Xin Ai's manager, Big Sister Wu, who said this with a heavy tone. There was a din around her. Ning Ning could somewhat hear someone shout, "What is the identity of the man who died in Zhang Xin Ai's house?"

"Tell Zhang Xin Ai to come out and give us an explanation!"

"It was such a waste for I to treat her as a goddess, what had she been doing behind our backs?"

"Did the matter get out of hand?" Ning Ning asked, "Wasn't everything fine yesterday?"

"It was fine, but last night, a lot of posts that slandered you suddenly appeared online, someone even called the press." Big Sister Wu said bluntly, "Whom did you offend? This is someone trying to gravely screw you over."

Li Shan Zhu sat at the corner of her eyes, gently nibbling on a bun like a girl.

"I'll think of a way to suppress this, you should quickly give Big Brother Hai a call." Her manager said in a low voice, "Big Brother Hai knows the heads of a few of the press."

"Got it." Ning Ning answered.

After the call ended, before she could give Big Brother Hai a call, Li Shan Zhu had already asked curiously, "Something the matter?"

"Something came up at the office." Ning Ning took a glance at him.

"Hmm..." Li Shan Zhu looked like he wanted to say something.

"What's wrong?" He was being very obvious, Ning Ning had to ask him as a matter of course, "Do you know something?"

"I couldn't sleep last night, so I got on the internet. I saw that there were suddenly a lot of posts criticising you." Li Shan Zhu muttered, "They said that you were a woman with loose morals, that you were having inappropriate relationships with men in and out of the business... I could not restrain my anger and fought with them."

Ning Ning sniggered, she went over and rubbed his hair.

"Poor little thing. Look at you, veins are appearing on your eyeballs." She said gently, patting him like she was patting her beloved pet, "Actually, you don't have to fight with them, this incident will be over soon enough."

"Really?" Li Shan Zhu looked at her in a naive and ignorant manner, as if he really did not know anything, as if the person who had spread the information online and called the press last night was really not him.

"Of course." Ning Ning told him assuredly, "These types of gossip based on baseless accusations appear everyday, how many of them are real? They can't even provide evidence, they can only discuss the matter blindly on the internet."