Chapter 121

121: Infinite Death

Saturday, July 17th, 2004. In a certain psychological clinic.

Wen Yu placed two teacups on the table. He took a glance at Ning Ning's pocket. "Are you not answering that?"

From when she first sat down, her phone inside the pocket of her blouse had been ringing non-stop. She silenced it once again and told him helplessly, "It's my suitor. He's using suicide as an excuse to try and get me to meet him."

Wen Yu oh-ed. "Then are you going?"

"I don't want to go." Ning Ning sighed. She got up and said, "But I have to go...thanks for your chrysanthemum tea."

Ning Ning pushed the door open and left. About a minute later, a staff member knocked on the door, holding an electric kettle in his hand. "Doctor Wen, the tea is ready."

The customer had left, just one cup of tea would do.

Tea with golden flower petals was poured into the cup.

Wen Yu raised his eyebrows and looked towards the direction Ning Ning left in. That was weird, how did she know it was chrysanthemum tea?

Of course Ning Ning knew.

Because this was the third time Ning Ning had stepped into Wen Yu's office.

The first time she had refused to answer the phone. The second time she had refused to leave. In the end, when she drank the chrysanthemum tea on both occasions, she returned to the beginning for both occasions.

Who knew that Zhang Xin Ai actually cared about that pure and innocent teen? She actually had to answer his call and meet him.

"Hello." Ning Ning answered the phone after she stepped out of the clinic. She said helplessly, "Stop crying, I can't even make out what you are saying anymore."

"You wouldn't answer my calls." Li Shan Zhu's voice was hoarse from crying. "I thought you were going to ignore me forever."

"Didn't I tell you yesterday? I wasn't feeling well, I had to have a minor surgery at the hospital." Ning Ning explained.

"Then why didn't you tell me which hospital you were at? Why didn't you let me visit you?" Li Shan Zhu questioned her, "Who...whom did you let accompany you there?"

A feeling burst in Ning Ning's heart, she forced a smile and said, "Why could I not have gone alone?"

Li Shan Zhu fell silent.

"...Alright." Ning Ning laughed at herself. "How could a person like me go to the hospital alone."

Her weakest and most pitiful side had been used to gain pity from men, how could she hide her pain and secretly cry by her lonesome?

"...Where are you? I'll come over and fetch you now." Li Shan Zhu seemed to not be willing to pursue the matter anymore, he started to probe for the answer he wanted the most.

"It's fine, I'll take a taxi..."

"Where are you?" Before she could finish, Li Shan Zhu interrupted her. He repeated what he said previously as if he was possessed, "I'll come over and fetch you."

Ning Ning impatiently told him the location of a hotel.

Li Shan Zhu came on a taxi very quickly. He rushed towards Ning Ning the moment he got off the taxi, grabbing her wrist and walking back.