Chapter 34

34: Two Minutes of Acting

"Two minutes." Chen Shuang He told himself in the mirror with his hands on the sink, "Crush her!"

Back in the living room, his father's voice rang out.

"You look a little nervous." Director Chen was sitting on the sofa with a red wine bottle in hand, scarlet-red wine filled a wine glass which he handed over to Chen Shuang He, "Do you want a glass? It can help you calm down."

"...No need." Chen Shuang He looked towards Director Chen, his face had a trace of humiliation, "What happened last time will not happen again."

"Oh?" Director Chen retracted the wine glass and took a sip from it. "You are that confident?"

"Of course." Chen Shuang He said coldly, "After I carefully thought about it, what she showed at the <<Ugly Girl>> audition was not acting skills at all!"

It was impossible for someone's acting skills to improve tremendously in a short period of time. A genius could do it, but Chen Shuang He didn't consider Ning Ning as a genius, calling her mediocre was already praising her! So last time at the <<Ugly Girl>> audition, her eye-catching performance could only be explained by one thing...

"It was only a coincidence." Chen Shuang He said slowly, "Her mother passed away, unintentionally causing her character in real life and the script to overlap. And thus, she performed well as Qu Ling, because it did not require acting skills, she only had to act as herself."

"So?" Director Chen gazed at him.

"So, she may be able to perform well as Qu Ling, but not as the Phantom." Chen Shuang He said, "Because she has nothing in common with the Phantom, there is no way she would get by through a coincidence again..."

"Hold on..." Director Chen suddenly interrupted him, he sized up Chen Shuang He and asked, "Am I under the wrong impression? You seem to be biased against her."

...You have no right to say that about me! Who was the one who was clamouring for her to leave the entertainment industry a week ago?

"...I don't." The corners of Chen Shuang He's mouth twitched. "I was only speaking the truth."

As he said that, the doorbell rang.

"...Then prove it." Director Chen put down the wine glass, rolled up his sleeve and looked at his wristwatch. He looked up at Chen Shuang He and blinked. "Two minutes, crush her."

...He actually eavesdropped on his own son talking to himself in the toilet, this person was too disgusting!

Chen Shuang He walked angrily to the front door.

Chen Shuang He opened the door. Ning Ning stood outside of the door looking as frail as last time, but she seemed vaguely different. Chen Shuang He did not get to the bottom of what exactly was different, because it didn't matter, because she would only be in his life for two more minutes at most.

"Did you watch <<Phantom of the Theater>>?" He asked directly.

"I did." Ning Ning answered.

Two minutes of acting had begun.

Time was limited, which scene should he pick? Which scene would better express her ineptness and inferiority?

Chen Shuang He quickly arrived at an answer in his heart.

"That's great." He smiled faintly, "Let us act scene fifteen of <<Phantom of the Theater>>— Seeing Heaven."

There was a minute thirty left.

The two of them went to the living room, Chen Shuang He drew the curtains as they passed by the French window, the thin sunshine was completely cut off from the outside and the living room turned dim.