Chapter 41

41: First Confession

"Is of course Ning Yu Ren!"

Director Chen turned over and looked, written on his face was: 'This great director has yet finished talking, who interrupted me?'

It was Chen Guan Chao.

"Although You Ling's Princess Ling Shan is beautiful, it lacks impact. There are too many of these types of characters on the market!" Chen Guan Chao gestured towards Ning Yu Ren's direction. "Unlike her. She portrays a female character in a way that has never been done before. Full of subversion, deadly and bewitching!"

After hearing those words, the crowd who had just fallen silent erupted in a new wave of argument.

As a victorious smile emerged on Chen Guan Chao's face, a voice lazily rang out from the crowd.

"Indeed, she has acted very well. It was so good that the entire movie has lost its balance."

Chen Guan Chao was shocked. He looked towards the voice and saw Shi Zhong Tang touching his chin and smiling. "All everyone cared about was who was better. Did everyone forget the main story of <<The Person Within the Painting>>? What is the most important detail? It was that the male lead was so overly smittened by the person within the painting that his father had no choice but to get the supporting female character to seduce him. Now, look at her again."

Everyone's gaze fell upon Ning Yu Ren.

An actress who was dreary, it was like if she stood in a place long enough, the place would start to sprout mushrooms. Chen Guan Chao said she was deadly and bewitching.The bewitching part is up for discussion, but everyone agreed on the deadly part. Very few people looked into her eyes, they were afraid that if they looked too long they would unbearably take out prayer beads or a cross...

"A Princess Ling Shan that will make the film come with a 'Parental Guidance' label, how do you expect the male lead character to fall in love at first sight with her?" Shi Zhong Tang shrugged. "How do you expect the supporting female character to even utter the line 'She is too beautiful, I cannot even compare to one of her fingernails'?"

"Wouldn't you be able to better present the affection of the male lead this way?" Upon seeing the crowd debating over the fact as if they were about to be convinced by Shi Zhong Tang, Chen Guan Chao refused to back down. "Wouldn't it be more moving if the male lead loved her despite her being ugly and scary?"

Shi Zhong Tang tilted his head and smiled at Chen Guan Chao.

Just when Chen Guan Chao thought he was rendered speechless, Shi Zhong Tang spat out four words, "<<Phantom of the Theater>>."

Chen Guan Chao was mildly taken aback.

"When I looked at the script before, I felt that there was something odd. I didn't know why, a lot of it gave me a sense of deja vu." Shi Zhong Tang looked at him, "Now that I've listened to you, I finally can confirm where I've seen it—<<Phantom of the Theater>>."

"What do you mean by that?" Director Shi suddenly said.

"I only feel that this movie is beginning to look like another movie, whether it's the plot or the character design." Shi Zhong Tang shook the script in his hand. "Especially the amendments you've made recently."

The content of a script was not immutable, it could be amended in a logical manner according to the needs of the cast and crew.

But it was very obvious that the amendments Chen Guan Chao made had already slowly gone outside the realm of being logical...

"A mysterious, frightening female lead character who is willing to kill anyone for the sake of the male lead character." Shi Zhong Tang parted the crowd and walked towards Chen Guan Chao step by step. "A horror love story that happened in the old home of the Li family."