Chapter 107

107: For Whom

"I treated both of you well." Pei Xuan crossed his hands and looked at Mu Gua. "You had quit school and entered society, working as a construction worker. I had seen that you were still young and brought you back. I gave you a job that pays you in a month what you would have earned in a year, what are you not satisfied about?"

Then he looked at Mu Er and smiled, "You said that you wanted to support your family, that as long as you could cure your mother and provide for your brother's university tuition fees, you were willing to do anything. I never made you do things that you didn't like to do. I let you act. Didn't you want to be an actress? You could do the things you liked while making money, what are you not satisfied about?"

The smile on his face slowly disappeared, his expression slowly turning cold, lowering the temperature in the room all of a sudden.

"Give me one reason," Pei Xuan said blandly, "why did you betray me?"

Mu Gua, "I want to go back to being a construction worker."

"I..." Mu Er was unable to blatantly lie like him, or it might be because she had spent a longer time with him and didn't want to be perfunctory with Pei Xuan, she pursed her lips and said, "Sorry, becoming an actress is my dream, but a dream is still a dream in the end. After trying it out, I discovered that I like the life of an ordinary person more. I'm really sorry, the money...I will think of a way to earn them and return them back to you."

"I do not lack money." Pei Xuan stood up from the chair and slowly walked towards her, pinching her chin while saying, "What I lack is you."

Mu Er was taken aback, she looked up at him.

Being at breathing distance with those captivating eyes, Mu Gua suddenly shouted from the side, "Sis!"

Mu Er was then woken up from her dream-like state. She let out an exclamation and pushed him away.

Pei Xuan took a few steps back from the push. His two lackeys walked forward as though they wanted to teach this girl a lesson on behalf of him, but he raised his hand to stop them. He looked at Mu Er who was trembling slightly and suddenly smiled at her.

It was a smile that had a slight sense of evil and a slight sense of affection, which made Mu Er stare at him in a daze again.

"Just come along with me." He slowly reached out a hand towards Mu Er as he looked at her with certainty. "You are willing to do anything for me."

Because you love me.

Mu Er stared at the hand in front of her, struggles were written all over her face.

"I cannot." She said in a low voice, "What you are doing is bad. I don't want to get caught together with you, I'm scared..."

"We won't get caught as long as I win." Pei Xuan said with tender affection, "Darling, do you think that I will lose?"

He was very smart. He always won—using cunning, evil and ruthless means.

Mu Er's hand that was by her side was raised a little, Mu Gua looked at her with shock and pain. "Sis..."

That hand was struggling. It was raised and lowered as the smile on Pei Xuan's face grew darker and darker. He was like a demon king, the girl in front of him a witch he had been seducing. The moment she placed her hand into his, the future would turn into the one Ning Ning knew.

A criminal mastermind who hid behind the scenes, a witch who enticed all living beings on stage.

"Freeze!"

The two of them were surprised at the same time, turning their heads around.

Two policemen were standing at the doorway. One of them walked up to Pei Xuan, scanning him from head to toe for a moment then said, "Are you Pei Xuan? Someone wants to report you for breaking and entering, bigamy, and fraud. Please come with us."