Chapter 134

134: Fake Goods

It was a very-hard-to-answer question. Ning Ning hesitated for a very long time. Just as she was about to answer, a hand reached out across from her, Boss Qu stopped her. "Hold it...think about it carefully before you answer me."

After that, he quickly walked out of the room, the view of his back looked like someone who was escaping.

As it turned out, he was also afraid to hear the answer.

Although the culprit was yet to be found, Director Chen suppressed the incident and said that Chen Shuang He ate something that did not sit well with his stomach. The filming continued.

Without the male lead, the shot naturally shifted towards the others. In the following days, they primarily filmed the scenes between fake Juliet and her father.

Previously, after his illness had acted up in the conference room, although fake Juliet had saved him in the end, she had also given herself away a little.

Juliet's Father started to suspect the authenticity of this daughter.

"A!"

"Father." Ning Ning entered the room, her eyes were darting around a little. "You're looking for me?"

Qu Yan closed the newspaper. "The weather is pretty good today, let's go for a walk."

The person who helped him up was a new face, he had already gotten rid of the original secretary. Chen Shuang He could not fend for himself, not to mention the secretary. The last time Ning Ning saw the secretary was on the streets, they were in rags, holding a bowl as they begged.

The two of them went out, sitting inside the car. After the car started driving for some time, Ning Ning asked, "Papa, where are we going?"

"To the hospital." Qu Yan said.

Ning Ning shuddered, she forced a smile. "Didn't you go to the hospital yesterday for a check up? Why are you going again?"

Qu Yan looked at her with a complicated expression.

The smile slowly disappeared from Ning Ning's face, she asked quietly, "...Is it a paternity test?"

The two of them did not speak for the rest of the way. As they got closer and closer to the hospital, Qu Yan's chest was puffing more and more violently. Just as the car was about to stop at the hospital's entrance, he suddenly yelled, "We're not going anymore! Turn back! Turn back!"

Ning Ning turned her head abruptly and looked at him.

Pulling out at the last minute, he was also afraid of the truth.

"Cut!" Director Chen shouted, "Very good, it passed."

During break time, Ning Ning looked for Director Chen. "Director Chen, since we're already here, I want to go over and visit Chen Shuang He."

She pointed at the hospital room across. Coincidentally, Chen Shuang He was accepting treatment in the same hospital.

"You're unexpectedly caring towards him." Director Chen laughed. "Don't worry, I'm not planning to substitute him. I called the hospital yesterday, he's recovering well, he can come back and continue filming tomorrow."

He only called the hospital, he did not visit him personally.

At that moment, Ning Ning started to really suspect that Chen Shuang He was actually a stepchild.