Chapter 29

29: The Third Adopter

Ning Ning took her time in picking a third adopter.

Once could be an accident, for it to have happened twice made her feel puzzled.

"Where are the drawings?" She remembered what the Language Teacher said before she left, Ning Ning bent down and held Wen Yu's shoulder while asking him, "Where are the drawings Teacher Yu talked about?"

Wen Yu looked up at her and slowly shook his head.

Ning Ning turned around. Wen Yu's book and pencil were on the table, she walked over briskly and flipped through the book. Most of it was filled with words, it was at the last page where she saw a drawing. It was a drawing of the two of them; they had a big house and a dog, they were holding hands under the sun, both of them were smiling.

Ning Ning looked back, Wen Yu was standing behind her. He was not angry at her for touching his things without permission, he only looked at her grievously and blinked once with his big black eyes.

Ning Ning opened her mouth, just as she was about to say something, knock, knock, knock, someone knocked on the cellar door. She looked over, a theater staff member stood at the doorway with a weird expression. "Someone is here, he says he's your relative."

The person was waiting for them at the hall. Ning Ning walked to the doorway with Wen Yu in hand. When she was still a distance away from the door to the hall, she heard an exaggerated voice coming from within.

"Wen Yu is a monster!" He said, "Wherever he goes, someone dies!"

A female voice cried out in surprise, there were also people laughing, "You are being paranoid!"

"Sigh, trust me, it's true." That person laughed. "When he was born, his father died in a car crash. His mother got addicted to gambling and lost everything they had, so she started borrowing money. She also killed herself not long ago, then you look at the two people who adopted him..."

Ning Ning could not bear it anymore so she opened the door and walked in. "What nonsense are you talking about?"

There were a few people inside, Ning Ning looked at the person who just spoke. It was the Skinny Man, they had met each other at the family meeting. He looked towards Ning Ning then got up and said, "Little Sis, let me tell you a piece of bad news. Elder Sis is dead. Her entire family suffered from food poisoning a while back, all of them passed away not long after."

He looked at Wen Yu once he finished. "The only person who was not poisoned was him."

Wen Yu shrunk behind Ning Ning, his tiny hand was clutching the corner of her clothes, staring at the man with his pitch black eyes.

"He suddenly disappeared. Third brother and I looked for him for a few days to no avail, then I started working (nearby) and coincidentally met you guys on the way to work." The Skinny Man stared at Wen Yu, "I even called out to him a few times. He ignored me, I think he didn't want me to find you and tell you about all these."

Ning Ning looked down at Wen Yu, he was like a quiet kitten sticking closely to her.

"...I am doing this for your own good." The Skinny Man walked towards them with his eyes wholly fixed on Wen Yu. "Leave him to me, I will send him away."

Wen Yu suddenly let go of the corner of Ning Ning's clothes and turned tail to run.

"Wen Yu!" Ning Ning frantically chased after him.

Wen Yu was like a little deer being chased by a hunter, he ran madly from the hall back to the cellar, with a bang he shut himself in the wardrobe.

Ning Ning caught up and helplessly sighed, she slowed down and walked in front of the wardrobe then slowly squatted down. She knocked on the wardrobe door with her index finger, "Hi, Wen Yu, Little Wen Yu, I have something to tell you."