Chapter 106

106: Dreams of the Future

"Ten years later, you would have everything. You would have achieved success and won recognition, money was just a string of numbers to you, you would have a lot of suitors and a lot of people view you as a legend. The one thing you lost...was Ning Ning." Ning Yu Ren said, "You would be unable to accept this fact, you would want to change her fate, so you would spend all your savings and buy all the tickets Pei Xuan has."

Ning Yu Ren smirked at the camera, it was a smirk that was bitter to the end. "It was the beginning of your nightmare."

The first ticket was an ordinary ticket—an ordinary ticket which did not allow you to designate the transmigration's time and place. In <<Affliction>>, Ning Yu Ren had transmigrated as a nurse of a hospital. The first thing she did once she had opened her eyes was to ask someone, "What is the date today?"

"It's the twelfth of January, 1998." The person she asked answered.

Ning Yu Ren's hopes were dashed. She had only missed it by a month, she had actually missed it by only a month. She would have been able to save her daughter if she had been a month earlier.

"Why are you still standing here? Come over and help quickly, the patient in room 3 is in a precarious state." A nurse shouted at her in exasperation.

Ning Yu Ren assented. Her years of transmigration experience had caused her body to instinctively act as the character she transmigrated as, no matter how painful it was. She did not even have the time to wipe her tears before she ran along with the other party to room 3.

Within the room was a familiar face.

Xu Rong.

She looked like she was hanging by a thread, lingering on her last breath, fighting to reach out to Xiao Yu.

Seeing her like this, Ning Yu Ren could not help but feel a trace of pity and guilt in her heart. Ning Yu Ren had once hated Xu Rong a lot because she was the one who had lost Ning Ning. Even after she had taken pesticide for the sake of atoning for her sin, Ning Yu Ren had only visited her once. Afterwards, she just left Xu Rong be and never visited again.

It was only when a crying Xiao Yu had stood at her door holding Xu Rong's urn that she learnt that Xu Rong was dead. Her heart had felt empty for a moment. The sounds of the rain slowly got louder, she opened the door and let Xiao Yu in.

The current Xu Rong was not dead yet. Just as Ning Yu Ren was thinking about saving her, Xu Rong held Xiao Yu's hand while panting. "Once I die, don't let your father know. Get someone to cremate me immediately, then hold my urn, cough, cough, go to Ning Yu Ren's house."

Ning Yu Ren was stunned for a moment.

"Mum..." Xiao Yu started crying.

"No crying." Maybe it was because she was running out of time, Xu Rong looked a little ferocious, she was not as kind and gentle as she usually was. She gritted her teeth. "If you want to cry, save it for when you are at the door of Ning Yu Ren's house. Don't...don't let what I've done for you go to waste."

What did she do?

Ning Yu Ren looked at what was happening in front of her in a blank. Later on, she tailed Xiao Yu and watched her bring the urn to her own house. She watched as Xiao Yu wailed and cried in front of her door, she watched as she herself opened the door and let Xiao Yu in with a complicated expression on her face.

She once thought that everything had happened out of her own kindness, but in the end, what if her kindness was within someone else's calculation?

Not long after <<Affliction>> ended, Ning Yu Ren immediately used a second movie ticket. It was an ordinary ticket like the one before. She then transmigrated into <<Confidante>> as Xiao Yu's junior high school classmate.