Chapter 159

159: I'm Right Here

Being addressed as such made Ning Ning feel breathless, she did not know how to face him in that moment.

"No, yes, here..." Ning Ning spoke incoherently for a moment. She looked at him a little nervously before she said quietly, "What I mean to say is, I'm right here..."

Wen Yu seemed to be affected by her nervousness.

He frantically pulled his arm off her neck and stood up straight in front of her, as if he was accepting her, accepting the review of the most important person in his life. He took two deep breaths and said, "After the funeral, I was adopted by Mr Shi, he is a good person, I got on well."

"Yes," Ning Ning said, "I know."

"I studied medicine in university, then I switched to the psychological field. After I graduated, I worked at a psychological clinic... A lot of my customers are from the entertainment industry. There were people who said that I was after their money, but that was not the case, I just wanted to help them." Wen Yu looked at Ning Ning without blinking. "Help...people like you."

"Yes." A feeling Ning Ning had not felt in a long time crept into her heart, like an emerald moss, gently covering the ice cold wall. "I know..."

"I...have been trying my best to do good deeds, helping everyone I can."

"Yes, I know."

"God says, good begets good, and evil leads to evil, if there is good to be had from my good deeds, I hope they would befall a person." Wen Yu's eyes had a trace of the glistening of a teardrop. "I prayed that she would be able to return to the mortal realm. I prayed that when she comes back, she would be born in a good family—a mother who loves her, a father who protects her, I prayed that she could grow up without any troubles or worries, healthily, happily, and to once again...appear in front of me."

After he finished speaking, he took two deep breaths. He remained rooted on the spot as he opened his slightly trembling arms, waiting for her to hug him like when he was a child.

I remember you, love you, pray for you, I have always been waiting for you here.

Time quietly passed by, seeing that she didn't move, Wen Yu said with a little unease, "Aunt Xiao Ning..."

Afraid that he was making things difficult for her, he stopped speaking after that, the arms he raised up also dropped down dispiritedly.

In the next moment, someone hugged him.

"I'm here." Ning Ning hugged his waist, her face buried in his chest. "I'm right here."

I have always been by your side, I have never left.

Time spun around, the fog also spun around, it looked like it drew a circle between them from the ends of time. From the ends of the fog, the two of them met again.

"I'm also here." A mischievous voice rang out from beside them.

Ning Ning looked over, Shi Zhong Tang.

The fog had dissipated, it had come to an end, they had returned to Life Theater, returned to their own bodies.

"Who's there?" Wen Yu looked over.

She noticed where he was looking, Ning Ning frowned as she asked, "You still can't see?"