Chapter 54

54: Eternal First Love

"You are..."

His voice was drifting further and further away...

His figure was drifting further and further away...

The world was closing in on the sides, turning it narrow and dark, seemingly like the curtains of a stage, closing in a quiet ceremony.

Ning Ning opened her eyes.

She was sitting in the audience seat of the theater, the opening theme had just ended. <<The Person Within the Painting>> had just started screening on the snow-white screen.

Shi Zhong Tang was standing in the wooden cloister, he watched as Ning Ning and Wen Yu left, then he looked down and opened the sketchbook Wen Yu had left behind.

The drawing of Ning Ning had yet to take form. The wisteria flowers and the pillars beside her were all outlined, peeking out from behind the pillar was an indistinct mask.

Shi Zhong Tang turned his head and took a look. Behind a pillar in the cloister not far from him, a smiling mask was peeking out, saying with a smile, "Let's strike a deal."

Smiling Mask took a movie ticket out. There was a stamp on it, in which there was the portrait of a man.

"Help me save this man," Smiling Mask said, "and I will tell you her secret—the secret of why she refuses to accept you."

Ning Ning could not help but mutter at this moment, "Don't do anything stupid."

On the screen, Shi Zhong Tang reached out and accepted the movie ticket.

She watched as he entered the theater, watched as the poster slowly changed, watched as the title changed from <<Fraud>> to <<Escaped>>, then he stumbled out of the theater and suddenly fell on to the floor while vomiting.

With the first ticket, he changed the fate of Zhou Ai Guo the swindler.

He also found out Ning Ning's secret.

"Tell me." He laid on the bed, as he held the hand of the girl who was beside him. His smile was a little desolate. "Is my life but a two-hour movie to you?"

Ning Ning raised her hands to wipe her tears. She abruptly stood up from her seat and walked towards the masked person who was closest to her.

Just like last time, they had already rushed over before the movie even ended. It was as if she was the fountain of youth and there would be none left if they were late.

The movie was still playing behind her, she walked past the masked people one by one.

"That's right, what's your name?"

It's not you. She walked past a person wearing a scholar mask.

"Tell me please."

It's not you. She walked past a person wearing a crying mask.

"It's significant to you. In a foreign country, no, in another time and space, if a person calls you by your name, your real name... wouldn't you like it?"

It's not you either. She walked past a person wearing an old farmer's mask.

Smiling Mask appeared on the movie screen behind her once again.

"Let's strike another deal." He took out another ticket. "Help me save another person, I will teach you how to get her to stay."

Shi Zhong Tang looked down at the ticket. It was another movie ticket with a stamp showing a portrait within, he did not accept it this time.