Chapter 60

60: The Man at the Funeral

They had arrived early, the funeral had yet to start.

Ning Ning knew why Li Ping Ping came this early.

"My condolences, Mr Pei." Li Ping Ping told the man beside her attentively and considerately while holding the flowers.

The man was the husband of the deceased.

He was wearing an expensive black suit, he revealed a branded watch when he looked down as he was checking the time. The way he dressed was enough to make any Tom, Dick or Harry look handsome, moreover, he was naturally handsome.

But Ning Ning did not dare to get close to him.

"This is?" He turned his head and looked at her.

Li Ping Ping seemed like she did not want to introduce Ning Ning, but she did not want to leave a rude impression on him, so she could only reluctantly say, "This is mine and Yan Qing's colleague, Yun Lin."

"Nice to meet you." The man reached his hand out to Ning Ning. "Thank you for coming to Yan Qing's funeral, I am her husband, Pei Xuan."

This was why Ning Ning did not dare get close to him.

Pei Xuan.

He had the same name as the former doorman of Life Theater who defected.

Were they the same person? Ning Ning looked at his face. She felt like it looked like him, but it also didn't look like him at the same time. She was busy escaping with Shi Zhong Tang at that time, she did not notice what he looked like.

—She really thought that his lips looked identical, they were both frivolous.

"Hey." Li Ping Ping's voice of displeasure rang out beside Ning Ning's ear.

This was when she came back to her senses, she had already shaken hands with Pei Xuan for quite some time.

She frantically pulled her hand back and looked down shyly, doing it all according to her character.

"Yun Lin, is it?" He looked at her with what seemed like a smile, his attitude towards her seemed to be different from his attitude towards Li Ping Ping. This made Li Ping Ping who had been met with cold rebuke despite her efforts very angry.

Li Ping Ping waited for Pei Xuan to leave with a funeral parlour staff before she told Ning Ning coldly, "We are friends right?"

Ning Ning could guess what she wanted to say next, but she still conformed and asked, "Yes, what is it?"

"Then you should stay away from him." Li Ping Ping snorted coldly, then looked at the back of Pei Xuan with fiery eyes. She said in a determined tone, "He is mine."

Of course Ning Ning would not fight with her, she only felt that she had a better understanding of Li Ping Ping—after all, not many people would lay their hands on the husband of their deceased friend or colleague immediately after they had passed away.

Afterwards, the guests slowly arrived. The funeral started, stalks of flowers were laid on the coffin, two people with white hair cried their eyes out. Ning Ning overheard the discussion of the people beside her, "Those are Yan Qing's parents, right? Poor things, they gave birth to such an unfilial daughter."

Hmm?

Shouldn't they be crying because they were sending their daughter off? Why did it turn into them being sad about their daughter being unfilial?

It was a good thing that there was someone else with the same doubts. The person asked, "What happened? Tell me."

"You didn't know? Yan Qing was discovered to have committed adultery and was reported to the school, that was what made her commit suicide out of guilt. Sigh, I pity her husband. He's so young and handsome, so successful in his career. Out of all the women to marry, he had to marry a cheater..."