Chapter 67

67: Instigation

What was the secret behind the photo frame?

An opportunity to discover the truth was laid right in front of Ning Ning.

Pei Xuan suddenly received a notice from the company, requesting him to report back to the main office.

"When are you coming back?" Ning Ning was holding a grey coat in her hand.

"I'm leaving tonight, I will return in four or five days." Pei Xuan said as Ning Ning put on the coat for him. He laughed. "Why don't you stay here to help me look after the house?"

Ning Ning pretended to hesitate before smiling. "Deal."

They kissed farewell before Pei Xuan left.

Ning Ning stood at the door and waved him goodbye, the smile on her face slowly faded when the car disappeared from her view.

She turned around and went back into the house, locked the door, then walked step by step to the corridor full of photo frames.

Usually a person would hang at most three or four photo frames on the walls, no one would fill the walls like Pei Xuan did.

Ning Ning looked into her own eyes in the photo frame for a while before taking it down.

When they changed the photo frames last time, Pei Xuan was the one responsible for changing the frames, while she was only responsible for passing them to him. Pei Xuan seemed to be blocking what was behind the photo frames back then, thus she did not have a good look.

Now she could see clearly.

"This is..." Ning Ning raised a hand and touched the wall behind the photo frame.

On the wall was a peephole.

She touched the peephole, then her vision shifted onto the photo frames by the side. She walked over and took them down one by one.

She took down the photo frames as she walked down the corridor. Big or small, every photo frame ended up on the ground behind her. She abruptly turned her head when she reached the end of the corridor and felt a shiver run down her spine.

Behind her was a wall full of peepholes.

She did not dare to look again after that one look. She turned around and walked towards the kitchen.

No matter if it was the corridor, the kitchen, the piano room or the guest room, the photo frames hung on the walls had been tampered with. The floral dress, the piano, and the right eye of the person in the photo hid a secret.

A hidden peephole.

She finally opened the door to the bedroom.

The snow-white double bed, the pillows decorated with the word 'happiness'.

Along with those was the last photo frame of Yan Qing in the house.

Ning Ning slowly walked towards it. The photo frame which hung on the wall was as tall as a person. The bride inside was looking at Ning Ning quietly, it seemed like she had been expecting Ning Ning to come.

"...Yan Qing." Ning Ning slowly raised a hand, caressing the eye in the photo, "Are you inside?"

That eye flickered as if it was looking at something behind her.

Ning Ning abruptly turned around.

A knife was raised behind her!

"Ah!" Ning Ning screamed. She had narrowly avoided the kitchen knife as it swung down. The knife had slashed the photo frame, the Yan Qing inside the photo frame had her head split open.