Chapter 97

97: Let Me Look For Her

This was not the way home.

Ning Ning looked out of the window of the car, "Where are we going?"

Xu Rong, "..."

The last rays of sunlight faded out outside the window. Afterwards, streetlights and car headlights started to light up, lighting up the streets of dusk, Xu Rong was holding Ning Ning as they sat in a taxi. She slowly looked down and said, "Didn't you want to go out and play?"

Ning Ning was stunned.

"Where do you want to go?" Xu Rong smiled. "I'll bring you there."

Ning Ning hesitated. She did have a lot of places that she wanted to go to. For example, Friendship Bistro, Nineteenth Secondary and the hospital Chen Ju stayed in to name a few... It was already the third of September, had Friendship Bistro been burned down? Had Mu Er dropped out of school? Had their mother been taken to the hospital?

Just as she was hesitating, the taxi driver abruptly stepped on the brakes, causing both of them to lurch forward.

"What's wrong?" Xu Rong asked after she sat back up.

The taxi driver wound down the window then reached his head out to take a look. He answered, "There's a traffic accident in front of us."

A lot of cars had stopped in the middle of the road, horns were honking continuously. Between the honking of the horns were the angry shouts and complaints of the drivers.

"Someone died?"

"No one died. One car rear-ended the other, blocking off the road."

"One of the cars seems to belong to a quite famous director and a famous actor onboard..."

"Famous actor? Who?"

A car door suddenly flung open. Xu Rong walked out of the car with Ning Ning in her arms. They weaved through the cars. Ning Ning held onto Xu Rong's neck. She looked back at the road that was slowly getting further as they walked away, the cars that had stopped were forming a crooked line that looked like a snake, it wriggled and wriggled...

"Come to think of it, there was also a traffic accident the last time we came out, I don't even know how that little lady is doing now." Xu Rong said into Ning Ning's ear, "Ning Ning, can you really dream of the future?"

Ning Ning turned her head to look at her.

The streetlights and headlights were shining on Xu Rong's face in symphony. She smiled, as if wearing an ostentatious smiling mask as she asked, "Have you ever dreamt of your Big Sister Xiao Yu? Can she become an actress in the future?"

"She is an actress now." Ning Ning answered her, then pointed in a direction. "I want to go there."

The place she pointed to was something like a farmer's market. There were quite a lot of old and broken down private houses nearby, the streets were lined up with a number of street stalls; there were cheap clothing and toys, fruits and vegetables. Now that the sun had set, the stall owners had already started to pack up, giving up their spots to the people who were there to sell night snacks.

Ning Ning directed Xu Rong to bring her to a restaurant.

To be more specific, the ruins of Friendship Bistro.

White smoke seemed to still be visible above the broken tiles and dilapidated walls, swaying in the air, seemingly broken.

Coincidentally, someone walked out of the ruins at this moment. Ning Ning grabbed him and asked, "When did this place burn down?"

I've Transmigrated Into This Movie BeforeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara