Chapter 32

32: 1988

This world was preventing her from saving him.

In the snow, the footsteps were slowly fading, Ning Ning was running in this race against the (falling) snow.

Chen Guan Chao who was behind her was of no help, he even tried to stop her.

"That's enough, what can you do even if you get there?"

"You are an ordinary person, can you deal with a murderer?"

"Go back, call the police, let the police arrest him."

"Is that child that important? How long have you been taking care of him? Not even three months? In these three months, how much trouble has he caused you?"

"Just give up, there are no more footprints in front, we lost them."

The wind and snow blew passed, Ning Ning breathed out a puff of white air while standing in the snow.

This world was always like this. You gave it your all but you got nothing back. She was always like this. Her efforts were always futile, but she could not help but give it her all.

"I will definitely find you, I will definitely find you..." She walked around as if she was hypnotising herself, she suddenly raised her hand, the flashlight in her hand illuminated the middle wall of a building. Her eyes grew hot, her voice trembled, "I found it..."

On an almost completed residential building site, a horizontal banner was hung on the side. On the banner was written, 'Welcoming 1988, Embracing 1988, Celebrating 1988'.

At that moment, Wen Xiao Ning's voice seemed to ring out beside Ning Ning's ears. The roar of a dying old woman who had spent fifteen years waiting for a movie rang out, "1988! 1988!! 1988!!!"

Things were obviously very different, but the two of them were still able to reunite under the three 1988s. Ning Ning was a little confused for a while. Was she Ning Ning or Wen Xiao Ning? Did she change anything in the plot of the movie? Had she only been following in Wen Xiao Ning's footsteps one after another then walked in a circle?

But she smiled very quickly .

"If there was anything that was real in this fake world, that would be his feelings towards me..." She muttered, "No, it would be my feelings towards him."

Then, she ran to the building without hesitation. She shouted his name as she ran, "Wen Yu!!"

This voice penetrated the snowy ground. It penetrated the night sky. It penetrated the movie screen.

Ning Ning did not know, but when she chose to run towards the three 1988s, staff members began to walk into the originally empty Life Theater. They stopped in front of the movie screen and looked up at the screen in their distinctive masks. They were looking at the figure on the screen who was running as if her life depended on it.

At the same time, at the entrance of the theater, the Doorman who had been quietly leaning on the wall suddenly opened his eyes.

He turned around and looked at the poster beside him.

The poster was violently shaking even though there was no wind. It was as if a huge power was tearing it apart, to the extent that the names on the poster were also shaking.

The original title of the film, <<Abandoned Child>>, was shaking incessantly like a rock. Underneath this rock was another film title, a four-word title started sprouting out like a plant which was fighting hard to break through the earth.

"Stop!" Ning Ning rushed to the rooftop, the Skinny Man opposite her turned his head around. She tried her best to smile, "Brother, what are you doing?"