Chapter 124

124: Big Brother's Lover

When Wen Yu arrived at Li Shan Zhu's house, it was empty, Ning Ning was nowhere to be seen.

The landlord said after helping him open the door, "I told you, she had already left with him."

"Whom did she leave with?" Wen Yu asked.

"There." The landlord looked down at the photo frame which had a crack on it. "It was this person."

The photo frame with three people, a face that was blotted out, Wen Yu picked it up from the floor, asking, "What's this person's name? What's his relationship with Li Shan Zhu? "

"I don't know." The landlord shook their head. "Li Shan Zhu was the one who rented the place, he has rented it for about half a year I think, he rarely stays here, but..."

"But what?" Wen Yu asked.

"But every time he comes over, he would bring two big bags of trash down." The landlord looked at the photo frame in his hand. "So I asked him, ' You don't even live here, where does all this rubbish come from?' He smiled without answering, but I knew...he was keeping someone here."

At the same time, the entrance of a clothing store opened, Ning Ning walked out with a shopping bag.

"Thanks." The man in the photo frame took a brand new peaked cap from Ning Ning and put it on his head. He pressed down the brim of the hat and smiled. "Now I won't be recognized by anyone."

"Shan Shui," Ning Ning asked him, "why did you want to fake your death?"

Li Shan Shui remained silent for a moment before he cracked a lonely smile. "Why else? Debt evasion."

Even if he was quite a famous artist, after meeting a big spender that was Zhang Xin Ai, he was quickly unable to make ends meet. Diamond rings, designer items, five star hotels—her desires were insatiable. Li Shan Shui's savings dwindled day by day, until in the end, for the sake of saving up for the Hawaii wedding she wanted, he took on a huge debt.

A pedestrian walked by, Li Shan Shui reflexively raised his right arm. Ning Ning saw that there were a lot of injuries on his arm—scars left behind by rods and knives—there were old and new scars, criss-crossing each other. He covered his face with his right arm for a while. It was only after the pedestrian walked past that he gradually put his arm down. He smiled at Ning Ning. "How awkward, I recognised the wrong person."

"Whom did you mistake that person for?" Ning Ning asked, "A creditor?"

"Ah." Li Shan Shui answered ambivalently. "Where should we stay tonight?"

Ning Ning's house was now a murder scene, they could not return to Li Shan Shui's house either. Not long later, a key twisted inside a keyhole, a door slowly opened, the light switched on and illuminated the easel and plaster statues within—the two of them had returned to Li Shan Shui's atelier.

The initial atelier, the last atelier.

Ning Ning looked at the clock on the wall, eleven o'clock.

She looked at Li Shan Shui at her side, he was coughing twice with his back to Ning Ning, he seemed as if he was rubbing something off the corner of his mouth. He then turned his head and smiled at her. "Give me a moment, I'll tidy this place up."

The atelier had a sofa on which a person could sleep, he pulled open a cabinet and grabbed a blanket from within, smiling. "There's only a blanket."

"I'll sleep in the blanket, you can hug me to sleep."