Chapter 75

75: Unequaled Beauty

"Is that you?" Smoke slowly billowed out of a pair of red lips, a woman in a cheongsam who was holding an opium pipe in her right hand slowly walked towards Ning Ning. She looked like a socialite who walked out of an old republic photo. She reached out and lifted Ning Ning's chin to have a better look at her. "You don't look as pretty as you are on TV."

"It proves that she is photogenic." Li Bo Yue answered for Ning Ning, "Her looks are well suited for the big screen."

The woman snorted softly, it was not clear whether she was mocking Ning Ning or had accepted the explanation.

"Sit." The woman in the cheongsam turned around, walked to the sofa and sat down.

"You should know who I am right?"

"I do." Ning Ning looked at the other party.

The other party was a well-known woman like Yan Qing.

What was different was that while Yan Qing was famous, this woman was infamous.

"Tell me." The woman in the cheongsam lifted her chin slightly, looking at Ning Ning in a slightly haughty manner. "What kind of person am I in your eyes?"

Ning Ning certainly could curry favour with her by complimenting her, but did the famous woman in front of her need Ning Ning to do so? Maybe the thing she had experienced the most in life was having people compliment her in her face while vilifying her behind her back.

"There are two types of women in the world, one who makes a living out of talent and one who makes a living with her looks." Thus, Ning Ning answered honestly, "You are the latter."

Li Bo Yue frantically shot a look at Ning Ning, he did not expect the woman to laugh upon hearing what Ning Ning said.

"That was quite well put." The woman gently touched her face and sighed deeply. "Most people don't see things as clearly as you do, they call me a scheming bitch, but with a face like mine, would I even need to scheme?"

She laughed at Ning Ning as she finished her sentence.

Ning Ning could not help but be smittened by her smile even though she was a woman.

There was a kind of beauty which transcended age, gender and personality, the woman in front of Ning Ning certainly was that kind of beauty.

Lian Lian.

The granddaughter of the founder of Lian Company.

Throughout her life, she had never displayed any political savvy or intelligence. This woman who did not even complete high school had often performed foolishly compared to her siblings and cousins who had graduated from famous schools. But even then, she remained as the grandchildren her grandfather doted on the most, holding the highest stake of the company.

Because her smile was one of an angel's, innocent and cute.

That was why the old master was not the only one who liked her, there were a lot of others. These people were people of all ages, most were rich men from rich families, there was even a fugitive who escaped from prison to help her, helping her become who she was today, establishing her vagabond reputation.

"As for me, I initially wanted to pick Mei Xin to be the female lead." Lian Lian said, "Because she is the prettiest actress in show business."

"Why didn't you pick her?" Ning Ning asked.

"Because I found out that even though she qualifies as a celebrity, she does not qualify as an actress." Lian Lian sighed softly, "She cannot portray two characters at the same time."