Chapter 174

174: Life Theater

"Liar! Liar! Liar!" Ning Ning scolded as she ran back. "You liar! You did not intend to come back at all!"

Everyone knew the reason masked people had left. There must be a person, a person who fulfilled all the requirements, who was willing to become the doorman.

Rather than it be you, why not let it be me?

"I'm right here!!" Ning Ning stopped behind a group of masked people, they blocked the entrance of the movie theater. Like a fleet of motorcycles blocking off a junction, the people outside could not get in, the people inside could not get out. She took a deep breath and shouted at them, "Didn't you want to catch me? Do it quickly, otherwise I'm going to run away!"

A few of them took a look back at her before they continued to squeeze with the crowd.

"...Why are you all not coming to catch me?" Ning Ning walked towards them. Suddenly, her arm tightened, she was dragged back by Wen Yu.

Ning Ning struggled repeatedly and was slapped across the face by him.

"Calm down!" Wen Yu roared at her.

Ning Ning held her face, a stinging pain.

"Big brother didn't let you down." Wen Yu pressed on her shoulders and said with a heavy expression, "...Don't let him down either."

The air was filled with the smell of blood, along with the laughter of the masked people.

"Traitor!"

"Kill him, kill him!"

"Beautifully done!"

"Let me deal the final blow!"

"What are you waiting for?" Wen Yu grabbed Ning Ning's hand, "Start running!"

"...Ahhh!!" Ning Ning started running along with him. She cried herself hoarse due to her efforts being in vain as she ran.

Why were humans so weak? Why was she so weak? She could not even save the person she liked the most, she could not do anything at the crucial juncture, she could only run away like a disowned dog.

The commotion behind her continued, the killing in the movie theater continued, until a voice said...

"It's over."

The commotion stopped, the crowd gradually dispersed. A few combative masked people exited the theater, leading them was Rabbit Mask, holding a jade mask in his hand.

A jade mask with eyes that were peach coloured at the corners.

He tossed the jade mask to the ground and let out a cold laugh, then stared at Ning Ning's back and said, "Next."

Boom, boom—footsteps rang out, like ten thousand horses galloping behind Ning Ning and Wen Yu.

"Hurry up!" Wen Yu shouted, "They are catching up."

At first, Ning Ning was filled with joy, then it was followed by tears. She looked back and muttered, "They would not let him off and come after me, Shi Tou Ge..."

You said you would come back, but none of the masks that were chasing after me were you.

None of those were your...jade mask with peach colour on its eyes.

As they ran to the entrance of an alley, Wen Yu turned and rushed into the alley. There was a rope above his head, a blanket was hanging out to dry on the rope. With a gust of the wind, it fell and covered them. The blanket was snow white to the point where it melded in with the fog. Wen Yu hugged Ning Ning and curled under the blanket, the footsteps on the outside split into two groups, one group entered the alley and ran past them.