Chapter 145

145: A Chinese (Boy) Ghost Story1

Because the person who answered Madam Qin's call was Wen Yu, the person who entered the crime scene was also Wen Yu. Ning Ning was just accompanying outside, so her testimony was done very quickly.

She went home and rested for the night. The next day, she went to the set to finish filming the rest of the show. As she was sitting down while getting her makeup taken off, a WeChat notification suddenly went off. Ning Ning picked up her phone and took a look, it was a message from Wen Yu. There was a link in it, tapping on it opened a video of an interview.

Cui Hong Mei was taking an interview.

"When all of you look at Ning Ning, you can only see the brilliance on the outside. Let me tell you, that's all but the packaging her management company gave her. What she's like in reality, only I—her grandmother—knows." In front of the camera, Cui Hong Mei held a cigarette in her hand, the right corner of her mouth was curled upwards, showing a sarcastic ridicule from her bones.

Ning Ning furrowed her brows.

Was history about to repeat itself? She thought.

Mama had also experienced something similar. While her career was on the up and up, Cui Hong Mei abruptly accepted an interview from a television station. In that interview, she lambasted her with all her might, saying that Ning Yu Ren was ungrateful and unfilial, that she was a cold and ruthless person.

The unfilial tag was then attached to Ning Yu Ren just like that, it created a huge impact on her career. It took the joint effort of her company and Director Chen to expose evidence of Cui Hong Mei's excessive gambling, borrowing money along with having sugar babies, proving that the person in the wrong was not Ning Yu Ren, that Cui Hong Mei who had thrown the words 'cold and ruthless' was the true bloodsucker.

"But no matter how bad she is, she is still stronger than her mother." Just as Ning Ning thought that she was about to meet the same fate as her mother, Cui Hong Mei suddenly switched her tone around, she started to lambaste Ning Yu Ren, "Ning Yu Ren is the one who is inhumane."

The corner of the host's mouth twitched, he wished he could sing "Don't mention the past anymore, there are already a lot of storms in life"2. He forced a laughter. "We can talk about Ning Yu Ren later, let's return to the main topic for today—Ning Ning!"

"Ning Ning?" Cui Hong Mei spat out a mouthful of smoke at the host, it suffocated the host to the point where he couldn't stop coughing. She slowly turned her head to look at the screen and said, "Come to think of it, isn't there a very popular topic recently? Invisible people."

Ning Ning was taken aback. Strange, how did that topic come up?

"Recently, on Weibo, Baidu Post Bar and WeChat Moments3, aren't there a lot of people talking about this? They say that there seems to be an invisible person around them." The smile on Cui Hong Mei's face was a little weird. "You all can ask Ning Ning about this, she had already encountered such a thing in the year o'twelve."

The year o'twelve? Did she mean 2012? That was strange. What was she talking about? Why do I not have any recollection?

"Is what she's saying true, Big Sis Ning?"

Ning Ning looked over and saw that the makeup artist was looking right at her, her eyes had a strange sparkle. "Actually, I also think that there is an extra person around me recently...I don't know if it's a misconception."