Chapter 164

164: I Am Not Your Enemy

The corpse of the makeup artist laid on the floor, her eyes wide open.

A shirt was slowly laid on her, covering her body.

Chen Shuang He half squatted down and slowly pulled the shirt up to her face, covering her eyes that had died with regrets. Whispers rang out from the onlookers behind him.

"Come to think of it, haven't you been here all this while?"

"What are you trying to say, you suspect that I'm the murderer?"

"No, no, I just wanted to ask if you've seen the murderer."

"I didn't see anything...why are you looking at me like that! I really didn't see anything!"

Chen Shuang He remained squatting on the ground, observing the feet nearby.

After the murder, the people in the crew started to group up together—either due to fear or to have a discussion—the feet were grouped up together, only one pair of feet was the exception.

Chen Shuang He slowly stood up, his eyes naturally shifted up from that pair of feet to the person's face.

A rabbit mask.

"Run?" Not many people could remain truly calm when facing an enthusiastic serial killer, the thought of running away seemed to immediately appear in Chen Shuang He's heart, he quickly dispelled the thought. "No, he might not have seen me yet. Even if he has, he might not want to kill me. Calm down, I have to calm down..."

Chen Shuang He was worthy of his movie emperor title. His eyes scanned the other party's face, then he acted as if nothing happened and turned around without changing his expression. He shouted out for people to give way as he made his way through the crowd, then took out his phone and gave Ning Ning a call.

"Hello, it's me," he said in the call, "you two can come over now, he..."

Chen Shuang He suddenly looked back.

Rabbit Mask was standing right behind him.

Set of <<Phantom of the Theater>>, at the rest area.

"Despair, paranoia, unreconciliation and having delusions of wanting to change your own fate—the only ones who could see masked people are these people." Ning Ning stared at the familiar face in front of her. "Which one do you belong to?"

"I don't belong to any of them." Wen Yu started to laugh. "Ning Ning, I cannot see masked people."

Ning Ning furrowed her brows, she found it hard to believe him.

If he truly could not see them, then how could one explain the Mr. Rabbit he drew?

Her phone suddenly rang, interrupting what Ning Ning had wanted to say.

Caller ID: Chen Shuang He.

"Hello?" Ning Ning answered the call.

"Hello, it's me," Chen Shuang He said, "you two can come over now, he... Ah!"

"...What happened? Hello? Hello!" Ning Ning's face turned green as she looked at the phone. She looked at Wen Yu and said, "Something's wrong, we should go over quickly."

The two of them rushed out of the rest area and walked towards the room that housed the makeup artist's corpse.

As they were making their way over there, the members of the crew rushed over like refugees running away from a natural disaster.