Chapter 27

27:  The First Adopter

In the early morning, Ning Ning woke up alone while Ning Yu Ren and Wen Yu were still asleep .

"I really don't understand." She looked at Wen Yu who was sleeping beside her and thought, "Isn't it cold to hug me to sleep? This body is as cold as a corpse..."

Wen Yu looked like he was lacking a sense of security, or maybe he was afraid that she didn't have enough sense of security? He slept while hugging her like a koala, his arms were wrapping around her tightly while he was making chewing sounds twice.

Ning Ning carefully pulled her hand out. Her palm was a little numb so she stretched her fingers, she let out an exclamation. Was it because she had a warm meal yesterday? Her fingers actually had some warmth...

The door to the room was gently opened and closed without waking up anyone inside of it.

The courtyard had a layer of light fog. Ning Ning walked under the plum tree, she opened the hand-held mirror in her palm and said to the reflection, "Qu Ning'er."

Qu Ning'er appeared in the mirror.

Ning Ning was not afraid or angry like she was in the past, she even laughed and talked to her calmly, "You have been helping me all along. If it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't have passed the audition for <<Ugly Girl>>, not to mention <<Phantom of the Theater>> afterwards."

Qu Ning'er also laughed.

"But you have been hindering me along the way. You don't allow me to love nor to act as other characters." Ning Ning's smile slowly faded, she told Qu Ning'er word by word in a serious manner, "I'm grateful towards you, but I'm sorry, I want to part ways with you now."

Qu Ning'er started to cry all of a sudden. As she did so she started shouting at Ning Ning angrily from inside the mirror.

But Ning Ning closed the mirror with a clack. Qu Ning'er's expression, her voice, all of them were enclosed within.

"Let's start anew." Ning Ning said to herself while letting out a deep breath, "I cannot achieve instant success and become an actress like Mama. Mama also started from flaring her nostrils. Let's take things one step at a time. Don't think about being able to become the Phantom. I want to do well in 'Seeing Heaven' first."

Starting anew is very difficult. It was especially difficult for Ning Ning. If she had started out at around the same level as Ning Yu Ren, then the others would be able to see her improvements. But her performance in the beginning was too eye-catching, so all everyone saw was how she had regressed since then.

Especially Chen Guan Chao. He now looked at Ning Ning with a face of a person who had been lied to, like a person who found a girlfriend only to find out that she was a man after she took off her makeup.

These mockery, pity, and resentment were all accepted readily by Ning Ning.

She was not required for the rehearsal, so she sat and observed from the audience seats. After the rehearsal was over, she called out, "Can you come with me for a bit?"

Ning Yu Ren stopped in her tracks, turned around and looked at Ning Ning.

They arrived at the corridor where Ning Ning first gave Ning Yu Ren guidance. Ning Ning modestly asked, "Can you teach me how to act in this scene?"

Ning Yu Ren was momentarily shocked, she looked down and tugged at her clothes. "Why are you asking me? Everyone said I acted poorly."

"You improve the fastest among everyone here." Ning Ning calmly said, "Do you remember? You didn't know how to act two months ago, now you are already able to decently act on the stage with another person."