Chapter 26

26: Seeing Heaven

Ning Ning's symptoms regressed considerably once she started treating everything as a movie.

She could even smile at Chen Guan Chao while his saliva was landing on her face.

"What's with you today?" Chen Guan Chao ruffled his hair as if he was going crazy, pacing up and down the stage before stopping in front of Ning Ning. He stared at her with bloodshot eyes. "Where did your acting skills disappear to?"

Ning Ning raised her hand to wipe the saliva off her face then smiled at him. "This is the true level of my acting skills."

Her acting skills came from Qu Ning'er, it came from an unforgettable hatred. It proved that what the Director said was right. She was an actress with a fatal flaw, she was unable to portray any other state of mind besides hatred, unable to portray any other character besides Qu Ning'er.

But Chen Guan Chao could not accept this reality, he shouted at her for the eighth time, "Again!"

Sounds of lament filled the surroundings, everyone had tired looks on their faces. Everyone looked at Ning Ning with rather unpleasant expressions. Under Chen Guan Chao's intense pressure, no one had had a sip of water since that morning. Anyone who was as frail as the Socialite had showed signs of stroke, everyone was at their limit—including Ning Ning.

She was wearing a blue one-piece costume, it was wrapped up tight against her like a set of armour. She was already drenched on the inside. Ning Ning suspected that she had left a trail of water on the places she had passed by.

There was a row of standing bronze mirrors in the corridor, Ning Ning walked past the mirrors very quickly. A silhouette was left in the mirrors, like a spirit had flashed by. Suddenly, a song could be heard beside her ear. She turned around to look and saw a young actor on the stage that was supposed to be empty. He had peach-coloured makeup, rolling up his sleeves while he sang.

This was quite an important scene in <<Phantom of the Theater>>. After each show ended, rookie actor Lu Yun He would sneaked onto the stage to practise his singing. There was a part which he could not get right. He started crying after repeatedly singing it. At this moment, a female singing voice rang out beside him, the voice sang the part he was not getting right. Again and again, repeatedly, till he successfully finished singing the entire song.

Lu Yun He was delighted. He looked up at the other party and smiled. The Phantom who was overlooking him from the balcony also slowly cracked a smile.

Chen Guan Chao named this scene as <<Seeing Heaven>>.1

At the beginning, everything went smoothly; but at the end, when Ning Ning smiled at him from the balcony, he did not smile back at her. Instead, he shouted back, "I want a first love's smile, not a smile which looks like it comes from a corpse. Ahhhh!"

She was at her wit's end. Ning Ning recalled the memories of her first love, then let it influence the nerves on her face and smiled at him.

...The end result didn't look good. Everyone took a step back, revealing frightened expressions. The scene resembled 'I gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes back at me'.

"No!!!" Chen Guan Chao shouted crazily, "Do it again!!!"

At night, Ning Ning crawled into the coffin wearily. Someone nudged her from behind. She turned around to look, only to discover that it was Wen Yu. He handed the lunchbox in his hands over. Ning Ning opened it up to look then laughed, "I thought they would not even leave rice for me, but they actually give me side dishes."

She did not have good relations with the crew. Because she was weird and reclusive, she was always alone in the cellar. She felt that there was no need to explain anything to anyone because this was a movie, there was no need to maintain a normal social circle, so it was only right that she had become ostracised.