Chapter 154

154: Three Act Play

The lock hanging on the door was suddenly unlocked.

The door was opened from the outside. The village chief led a group of people, standing at the doorway and saying, "Ning Yu Ren, quickly pack up and come with us."

Ning Yu Ren—who seemed to have been sitting idly for the entire night—got up, her face was a little pale and haggard, her heart was in a flurry. They didn't lock her up for no reason, so they wouldn't have released her for no reason.

"What happened to Ning Ning?" She asked as she shivered.

The village chief looked at her with an extremely weird expression. "Did you...teach her the Nuo dance?"

Ning Yu Ren, "I didn't."

The village chief looked towards Cui Hong Mei who was on the bed. "How about you?"

The only thing that answered him were snores.

The village chief shot a look at the two people behind him, they rushed up to Cui Hong Mei and shook her awake.

"Who is it? Who are you people, causing a din early in the morning...? Ah, Village Chief." Although Cui Hong Mei was usually unreasonable, but whenever she saw the village chief, she would act like a mouse that had seen a cat. She tumbled off the bed. Hearing him repeat his question, she smiled embarrassingly. "I...I wanted to teach her, but I need to have known it first."

She was usually lazy, she had already forgotten how to perform the Nuo dance of her family, how could she remember how to perform the Nuo dance of another family?

After getting the answer, the village chief's expression became even weirder.

"Village Chief, what exactly happened?" Ning Yu Ren's heart was full of uneasiness. "Did something go wrong when Ning Ning was performing?"

"Go wrong..." The village chief huffed and puffed. "She poured a bowl of wine on the face of a dancer."

Ning Yu Ren turned pale with fright, she said with anger and worries, "...I've been doting on her too much. She's out of control, completely out of control. Village Chief, let me meet her, I will definitely have to give her a scolding, then have her apologise to all the uncles and aunties."

The village chief stared at her for half an instant before he sighed. "Sure enough, you have forgotten as well."

Ning Yu Ren was stunned.

"Actually, it's not just you. I have forgotten as well... It has been a long while after all." The village chief said slowly, "Yu Ren, <<Life Opera House>> is a three-act play, do still you remember what the first act is about?"

"I remember." Ning Yu Ren recalled for a moment. "The first act is <<Meeting God>>. The villagers begged for their lives from Heaven, seeked mercy from Earth, but neither Heaven nor Earth answered them, the people could only bring their children and flee. They finished all their food and water, they were at the end of their road when they saw an opera house. A young man was sitting on top of it, looking down at them, then..."

"Then, that young man tilted the wine cup down, he poured wine at the hungry and thirsty refugees at the foot of the opera house." The village chief continued for her, saying in a deep voice, "So, Ning Ning did not do anything wrong. The first act did have this segment: Pouring Wine to Quench Thirst."