Chapter 37

37: Milk, Dumpling, Coriander

Three days later...

A videotape was placed in the video player.

Ning Ning returned to the chair and sat down. She raised the remote control beside her and pressed on the power button.

Ning Yu Ren appeared on the screen. This was the young Ning Yu Ren, not affected by cancer; with crystal clear skin, bright eyes, just like her name—Yu Ren.1

"This is my first time transmigrating." She said to the camera, "I transmigrated to the ancient times, becoming an unloved imperial concubine. There were three thousand women in the harem, we were all vying for the same man."

She was not just narrating, she acted along with her narration.

Ning Ning held onto the remote control and watched Ning Yu Ren without moving.

She had a lot of doubts in her heart. For example, what was going on with the staff members of the movie theater? Did the masks on their faces have any connection with the masks decorating the room? Why could you only change the past twice, what happened if you changed it thrice? Mama was dead, no one could answer these questions. Ning Ning could only look for the answers through Mama's diary.

Ning Yu Ren was an actress. She recorded all the stories she had transmigrated to, but she didn't write them down. She recorded them in videos.

These stories were stored in pieces of DVDs and videotapes. Ning Ning had been watching them for three consecutive days. She thus discovered a secret—someone who was labelled as a genius actress by the public was no genius at all.

Ning Yu Ren was also a normal person. She was also poor at acting in the beginning. But after she transmigrated as different people and gained more life experiences, she finally gained quality through quantity!

But everything has a beginning.

The beginning of this was in the videotape in front of her!

"...This was my first transmigration, my first life." Ning Yu Ren on the screen had finished acting the last scene, she smiled and concluded (the video), "The time is 1990 July 7th."

July 7th 1990. This was the beginning of everything. On this day, someone gave Mama a movie ticket and directed her to walk into Life Theater.

This person was vital. He had to know more things than Mama. Ning Ning turned on her mobile phone. She searched for the period around July 7th 1990, then murmured at the phone screen, "The Person within the Painting."

On April 10th 1990, Director Shi Quan filmed a historical movie (titled) <<The Person within the Painting>> and picked a relatively unknown minor actress Ning Yu Ren. He gave her the role of the supporting female Yan Hong Xiu. This film was the beginning of Ning Yu Ren's acting career. This was where she started her road into becoming a movie empress.

"Director Shi Quan, starring Shi Zhong Tang, You Ling, Ning Yu Ren, co-starring..." Ning Ning looked through the cast, they were all reputable directors and actors at that time. But now some of them had passed away, some had retired from the industry, some were married into a rich family. The only two people who were still active in the industry were only a costume designer and a fight scene choreographer, but she knew neither of them.

She thought about it, who at this moment could be of help to her? Who knew people in the industry and was able to contact these two?

Ning Ning gave Manager Li Bo Yue a call.

"Liu Shi Mei and Tao Yun?" Li Bo Yue asked doubtfully, "What? Why are you looking for them?"

"I want to ask them some questions." Ning Ning said, "...About my mom while she was filming <<The Person within the Painting>>."