Chapter 99

99: Track

The place on the drawing truly existed.

Ning Ning looked at the abandoned tracks in front of her. There were no trains and there was no one around, there were only weeds. With a gust of wind, two little white flowers in the middle of the tracks were swaying gently.

"Do you remember the way here?" Ning Yu Ren placed both her hands on Ning Ning's shoulders while standing behind her.

Ning Ning shook her head.

"Then we will redo the walk." Ning Yu Ren said with a smile.

It was a rare holiday, a rare occasion where Ning Yu Ren did not have to film, but the two of them ultimately did not go to the park or the playground, they didn't even go for ice cream or cake. The time was spent on the road. Ning Yu Ren drove Ning Ning to the suburbs, to the abandoned tracks in front of them.

Once was not enough, they came back two to three more times.

"Do you remember now?" Ning Yu Ren asked.

"Yes." Ning Ning said.

"Can you walk out of here alone?" Ning Yu Ren asked again.

This set of tracks had been abandoned for quite a long time. Year after year, day after day, the road that used to be here had already been drowned in weeds. Cars could not come in, one had to get off a car and go on foot through lush vegetation before they could find this set of tracks.

"Yes." Ning Ning answered. They went in and out two to three times, Ning Yu Ren even made markings on the trees with a knife. Even if she just relied on these markings, Ning Ning would be able to find a way out. She just had a little doubt, what exactly did Mama bring her here for?

"Good girl." Ning Yu Ren patted her head with a smile, then slowly turned her head around to look at the abandoned tracks.

What did she see on the tracks?

It caused her so much fear, unacceptance, sadness and rage.

"Let's go." Ning Yu Ren suddenly gave Ning Ning's back a pat. "You go ahead, Mama will follow you from behind to see if you can walk out of here on your own."

"Ok!" Ning Ning nodded. She started walking as she looked back at Ning Yu Ren, not understanding if this was a game or if this was training. The possibility of this being a practice might be bigger, because the moment she took a wrong turn, Ning Yu Ren would drag her back to the tracks and make her redo it. This time, Ning Ning did not dare to deliberately go the wrong way, she stopped from time to time and looked at the markings on the tree. After half an hour, she finally walked out and saw the main road outside, their private car parked on it.

"Good job!" Ning Yu Ren clapped her hands. The mobile phone on her waist rang, she picked it up. "Hello."

"I had people investigate the composition of the medicine you gave me last time," a man's voice rang out, "the results are out."

"What is it?" Ning Yu Ren asked with a smile.

"It's part flu medicine and part sleeping aid." The other party said.

"Alright, I understand." Ning Yu Ren continued to smile. The smile was like the forest behind her, dark and gloomy, hidden inside were countless dangers which could not be seen with the naked eye.

At the same time, in Ning Yu Ren's house.

Xu Rong was preparing a meal in the kitchen when the door opened behind her.

"Xiao Yu, come taste this..." Xu Rong had scooped up pieces of soy-braised pork, she turned around and frowned. "...What is with your clothes?"

Xiao Yu was standing at the door, wearing a brand new red dress. She held the edges of the dress and smiled. "Mummy, do I look nice?"