Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Male & Female Lead

Currently, Ning Ning’s emotions were complicated. Before transmigration, the film she had last acted in was <I Am a Big Beauty>. After transmigration, the first film she had to act in could more or less be also called <I Am a Big Beauty>.

Is this God’s vengeance for the last bad movie I acted in? She murmured in her heart, then mocked herself, ha, if this really is the punishment for acting in a bad movie, the entire showbiz world would have long become the main disaster area for human disappearance.

The next day, she was woken up by Wang ma. When she opened her eyes, she spotted Wang ma standing outside the mosquito net with her back against the lighting. Wang ma’s tone of voice was flat like a straight line. “Miss, time to wake up and wash up. Master has brought back a pair of rare items.”

Ning Ning climbed off the bed and was just about to look for a mirror where she could wash up in front of, when Wang ma began wiping her face with a warmed up handkerchief. Then, helped her to comb her hair and change with nimble hands. She had even helped Ning Ning brushed her teeth. Once everything was done, Wang ma kneeled down by the bed and gently helped her put on her shoes.

… It can’t be that she will now try to carry me like a baby then walk around? Ning Ning was so frightened by her thought that she hurriedly jumped off the bed and started walking towards the exit. But, at that moment, a cry of alarm came from Wang ma. “Miss! Your face!”

“What’s wrong with my face?” Ning Ning said while touching her face.

Wang ma walked over with a mask. “Master has said that your face can only be seen by him as well as your future husband. Apart from them, your face is not allowed to be seen by a third man.”

Ning Ning chuckled. “What if a third man accidentally sees it?”

Wang ma replied, “Then there will be one less man in this world.”

… You are no doubt a maid, but why do you speak like a criminal syndicate killer?

The two arrived at the courtyard where the sun shone brightly. Under a plum tree in the courtyard, stood a chair padded with a thick seat cushion which Wang ma helped Ning Ning to sit on. At this moment, Ning Ning was wrapped up tight from top to toe, so much so that even her hands were covered with a pair of white lace gloves. The extent of wrapping made her feel as if she has Hansen’s disease.

(Note: Hansen’s disease is a contagious disease that affects the skin, mucous membranes, and nerves, causing discoloration and lumps on the skin and, in severe cases, disfigurement and deformities.)

Across from her, Boss Qu was urging over a pair– a young man and a young lady.

“You’ll feel stuffy if you stay at home all day.” Boss Qu flung the whip in his hands while smiling – just like the performers that put on a monkey show on the streets. “So I brought the two of them here to perform a few magic tricks for you.”

Ning Ning let out an expression of surprise, which caused to Wang ma ask, “Miss, What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” Ning Ning might have said so, but she was currently going crazy internally.

She had transmigrated while watching the movie, so sometimes she couldn’t help but wonder if her transmigration had anything to do with this strange movie? This whole time she hadn’t found any evidence to the contrary, until now, as she sat face to face with this pair.