Chapter 55

55: The Person Within the Painting

"Who are you exacting revenge on?" Ning Ning stared at him. "No matter if it's Chen Jun Yan or Li Xiu Lan, they are dead...but we are still alive!"

"Ha!" Boss Qu let out a mocking laugh. He looked down at his hands. "Does this count as living?"

Ning Ning could not answer.

"...You don't need to say anymore." He slowly raised his head, his eyes were burning with the fires of vengeance. "They might be dead, but their descendants are still around. I will wait for their arrival, I will get my revenge! No one will stop me!"

"But..." Ning Ning reached out to him.

"You can't stop me either!" Boss Qu shouted at her. He was the first to flinch after shouting at her, he said helplessly, "Sorry, Papa didn't mean to scare you..."

"Papa..." Ning Ning took a step towards him.

He was the one who frantically took a step back instead, reaching his hands out to stop her. "Stay away, stay away..."

He calmed down after much difficulty. He looked up, then with the cold voice and attitude that he showed when they first met, like a weathered guardian lion1, like a skeleton leftover from a burning corpse, he told her coldly, "I am not your father. Patron, the movie has ended, you should go home."

Afterwards, he would not respond no matter how hard Ning Ning cried or begged.

Ning Ning could only impatiently leave while crying. She suddenly turned back and looked at him after taking a few steps.

"Papa...I am not your real daughter." She said tearfully while choking, "But I was once Qu Ning'er. I was your daughter. I truly...truly treated you as my father. Perhaps that world was fake, but my feelings were true!"

Boss Qu's eyes twitched, but he remained silent.

"I... I don't even know what I can do." She looked down at her hands and laughed bitterly. "I'm clumsy, I'm not smart, I don't know any important figures, I don't have any skills..."

She slowly gripped her hands, her soft and weak fingers coming together to form a powerful fist.

"...But I still want to give it a shot." She looked up at him, "I want to try to...save you and Shi Tou Ge."

In the end, she looked at him deeply, wiped her tears and left alone.

It was not until her back view completely vanished that Boss Qu started to tremble. Suddenly, he shouted loudly, turned around and viciously hammered the entrance of Life Theater.

His fist was so heavy that it was enough to kill a person with a single punch.

But when he hammered the entrance of Life Theater, it was like hitting the surface of water. It only created a ripple. Once it dissipated, the surface of the water reverted to a state of calmness.

The only thing that was not calm, was the person.

Ning Ning was sitting in the taxi on the way home. She took out her mobile phone and stared at the screen for a long time, before sending Wen Yu a text on WeChat: [Can I ask you a personal question?]

She breathed out after she sent the question and held her mobile phone to her chest. It was getting late, she wondered if he would see the text. Even if he did, who knew if he would be willing to reply to it.

Wen Yu replied in the next second.

Wen Yu: [What is it?]

Ning Ning wrote and rewrote the next text a few times before finally sending: [Is your brother really dead?]