Chapter 109

109: Charming Atelier

"I'm taking on this script." Chen Shuang He put the script in his hand down.

Director Chen sat across him with a magazine in hand. "Do you want the role of the elder brother or the younger brother?"

Among the brothers in <<Elder Brother's Woman>>, the elder brother was a famous artist, he spent money as if it were water, he was also romantic and sentimental; the younger brother was a student instead, he was studying in the Chinese department in a university, he loved to read and write, he was silent and moody.

"This pair of brothers pose no difficulty to me at all if I were to act as them separately." Chen Shuang He laughed. "How about letting me act as both of them at the same time?"

Director Chen looked at the person beside him. "What do you think?"

A reticent man was sitting beside him—Li Shan Zhu, a tier one scriptwriter in the country. <<Elder Brother's Lover>> was his work.

He was well known as a man of few words. If he could express himself in three words, he would never use a fourth. He pushed his black-framed glasses up and said to Chen Shuang He, "Show me?"

"Which part?" Chen Shuang He smiled confidently, he extended the script to the other so the other could pick.

"Wait." Director Chen suddenly picked up his mobile phone. "Since we are holding an audition, why not bring the female lead here."

The phone rang for a few times before a woman's voice answered.

"Is this Ning Ning?" Director Chen said with a laugh, "Have you had your dinner? It's good that you have. Are you free at the moment? Can you come over to my house? Yes, it's regarding the script."

Ning Ning arrived at Director Chen's house in no time.

The maid opened the door for her. Just as she entered the hall, before she could greet anyone, Director Chen pointed at her from where he was. "Hold it. Don't move. Walk over here in Little Ai's manner."

Little Ai was the female lead character for <<Elder Brother's Lover>>—her full name was Zhang Xin Ai.

In her character specifications, she was a woman who was universally adored. What kind of woman could achieve such a feat? Ning Ning thought she must be very beautiful, she would also smile a lot.

She cracked a smile and walked leisurely towards them. She did not make any seductive gestures, because a woman who was too dissolute in public would be met with disgust. Little Ai dissolutions should only be expressed privately, in front of certain people.

Li Shan Zhu stared at her as she walked over. It was only when Director Chen had gently bumped him with his arm that he closed his eyes, then he slowly opened them and said, "Location: Atelier. Time: After the elder brother had gone missing. Plot: The younger brother was tidying up the old paintings in his brother's atelier. Little Ai came over, seduced him and managed to draw his interest."

Director Chen clapped his hands as if he was on set, "A!"

Both actors were startled at the same time.

Chen Shuang He was the first to come back to his senses. He got up and took a few steps before stopping. There was nothing in front of him but he raised his hand, flipping through sheets—as if there was an easel in front of him, as if there were a few pieces of drawing on it.

He suddenly stopped flipping and stared at the painting in front of him intently.

"The painting and me, which is more beautiful?" A woman's voice suddenly rang out from behind him.