Chapter 22

22: Old Home

"Change, change scene... You are meeting with the lover of the male lead."

Ning Yu Ren flared her nostrils, glared and shouted with all her might, "I am so jealous of you! Why does he love you but not me!"

"Don't come here, don't come here, change to the break up scene."

Ning Yu Ren still flared her nostrils, glared and shouted with all her might, "I hate you! I was with you for so long! You actually want to break up with me?"

Can't you use another expression? Besides flaring your nostrils, flaring your nostrils and flaring your nostrils, do you not have any other expressions?"

Ning Yu Ren turned red, she tried very hard to regulate her next expression, then flared her nostrils, glared and shouted with all her might, "How is it now? Is it better?"

Chen Guan Chao raised his hands to surrender, then took out his wallet and handed a note over to her, I will pay for your transportation, please go back to wherever you came from."

Ning Yu Ren did not take his money, she looked down and fought her tears.

"Hold on." Ning Ning suddenly rushed over and pulled her outside.

With such poor acting skills, this couldn't be her mother. Ning Ning knew deep down that this was a movie. Although it was said to be adapted from a true story, a lot of things were just not right Director Chen was not like Director Chen, Mama was not like Mama, a lot of things were weird....

At a corner with no one around, Ning Ning let go of her hand then turned around and looked at the person behind her.

This face as long as she saw this face, she would not be able to deny that this was all real."Who are you?" Ning Ning asked gently.

The other person was surprised. "I am Ning Yu Ren..."

"No!" Ning Ning was flustered by the interruption even though she was the one who interrupted Ning Yu Ren mid-sentence. She didn't even know where to place her hands and feet. She licked her lips and cautiously told Ning Yu Ren, "There is no such person in the script. Who are you? Phantom of the Theater? Wealthy Lady? Stage performer? Spectator of the play? Before...before you act, you have to characterise yourself - who are you?"

Ning Ning was too nervous, she even made Ning Yu Ren felt nervous she stuttered, "I, I, I, I don't know."

"How about the Phantom?" Ning Ning's eyes twinkled and smiled feverishly. "Of course it's the Phantom, it has to be the phantom! The other characters are not good enough for you! Wealthy Lady? The former star of the theater? No no no, even I could act as these characters, not to mention the other miscellaneous characters.."

She paused her speech because she saw Ning Yu Ren took a few steps back, the expression she had while looking at Ning Ning was slightly filled with fear.

"...I'm sorry, I was overzealous." Ning Ning said, her left hand grabbing her right armpit, fingers forcefully pinching her flesh, reminding herself with the pain, 'it's not real, nothing is real, none of this is real at all.'

...But even if it was fake, even if it was just a fake person who looked like her mother, she could not resist treating her well. This might be a kind of self comfort, but what did it matter?

"Don't be scared." Ning Ning looked at her with a smile. I won't harm you, I only want to help you."

I will help you, because helping you would be like helping my mother. For you to live well, is like me watching my mother live well.

"O, okay..." Ning Yu Ren nodded her head repeatedly. She looked like she didn't really believed Ning Ning and only did so because she was afraid of her. I believe you..."