Chapter 130

130: I've Waited For You For A Very Long Time

<<After Juliet's Death>>, as the name suggested, was a movie about family grudges.

The story was set in modern times. Two companies in the same industry that were at loggerheads with each other, but the son and daughter of the companies had to fall in love at first sight with each other then eloped together.

But while they were eloping, they met up with a traffic accident.

The female lead character died.

"This story happened after Juliet had died." Director Chen waved his hand. "To ease enmity with a smile? That's impossible. Because only Juliet had died, Romeo did not die."

If this was Shakespeare's story, then Romeo would take his life once he woke up in the hospital, but the writer for this script was Director Chen's designated scriptwriter Li Shan Zhu...this guy experienced something when he was young, which caused either the male or female lead in every script written by him to be a scheming bitch.

"Romeo didn't die. Once he had woken up in the hospital, he found out that the two companies were at each other's throats, they even told each other: No matter how much you lower your prices, I will lower it by half!" Director Chen said, "Worried that the two companies would collapse and a third company would take advantage if the price war were to continue, Romeo could only suppress the pain in his heart. He found a girl who looked exactly like Juliet, then, he walked her through and taught her how to be Juliet."

This girl successfully deceived everyone, including Juliet's father.

Even the male lead started to gradually get confused. Did Juliet really die? Was he just having a nightmare? The traffic accident was just a dream, Juliet did not actually die, she was just in front of him, in his arms, looking at him with an expression full of love just like the past.

In the end, the truth came to light.

Everyone had to face the same question—Juliet was dead, what should they do with the one who was still alive?

"The actress for Juliet has been decided. As for Romeo," Director Chen's vision swept across the three people in front of him, "the actor will be chosen from one of you."

Chen Shuang He knew that his chance would be very fair. Between popularity and acting skills, Director Chen would always lean towards acting skills, but the others did not think that way. Once Director Chen left, the other two immediately gossiped about him.

"Sigh, I think we are just here to go through the motions. After all, the director's son is here."

"Shh, don't let him hear you."

A group of vile people. Chen Shuang He could not be bothered about them. He walked out of the room without saying anything and went to the dance studio to practice dancing.

Because <<After Juliet's Death>> was a musical film.

It was not that there were no musical films in the past, it was just that none of them were popular. Most people watched them as comedies, they would jokingly say that the characters in them would start dancing whenever they had a disagreement.

But <<After Juliet's Death>> was different. Although it wore the skin of a musical film, underneath it was essentially a criminal romance film. Li Shan Zhu's script supplemented the interesting nature of a musical film, causing this movie to become a hit overnight. It became the box office champion for the year, it started a frenzy of musical films afterwards, but even up till 2017 no movie was able to surpass it.