Chapter 78

78: We've Tried Our Best

The siblings returned home after staying at the hospital till ten at night.

In the middle of the night, Ning Ning heard footsteps outside of her room. Although the person was trying his best to lighten his footsteps, but he was two hundred kilograms, no matter how hard he tried to lighten his footsteps, the house would shake along with every step he took.

"...Mu Gua." Ning Ning opened the door to her room and looked at the person outside. "What are you doing in the middle of the night instead of sleeping?"

Mu Gua froze and dropped something from the pile of things he was hugging.

Ning Ning bent down and picked the sausage up from the floor, then looked at the steamed buns, biscuits and fruits he was hugging. She asked him out of curiosity, "What are you doing? Eating this much for supper?"

"You, you won't make food for me in the future anyway." The little fatty narrowed his eyes, because walking a few steps caused him to be out of breath and full of sweat. He hugged the food tightly and said, "I want to stock up on food so that I won't starve to death."

...Bro, was your paranoia about being picked on triggered??

Ning Ning was exasperated.

Title: <<My Angel>>

Starring: Mu Gua

As a person who is heavily featured on the poster at the entrance of the theater—as the male lead for this movie—anyone's fate can change, anyone but you! You have to be spoiled, you have to bully your sister for fun, not the other way around!

"Why would I?" Ning Ning forced a weak smile. "I wouldn't dare bully you. Mama is going to get discharged from the hospital in a few days. If I starve you during this period, she would definitely kill me."

A few days later at the hospital.

"Sorry, we've tried our best." The doctors told them with a face full of regret.

Both Mu Gua and Ning Ning were hit so hard by a bolt from the blue so hard they were not able to focus for a long while.

"Although we've managed to save her life, she remains unconscious." The doctor turned around and looked at Chen Ju who was on the hospital bed and said with pain, "You two should be mentally prepared that she would never wake up again."

Mu Gua's lips trembled a little as he shouted, "Mo..."

"Mom!!!" A scream covered his voice. Ning Ning jumped on top of Chen Ju's unconscious body, wailing in agitation as she shook Chen Ju's arm with all her might. "Wake up, Mom! I can't live without you!"

How could the movie progress without you? Would Mu Gua's fate be changed just like this? Please, no. A person only had two chances to change the fate of a main character. She had already used one of them, she did not want to waste the remaining one on a hamster that was using all his might to stock up on food in the middle of the night instead of sleeping.

After her emotions had stabilised a little, the doctor asked, "Do you two want to do the discharge procedures?"

"No." Ning Ning wiped her tears, "I think my mother can still be saved."

"To continue and receive treatment in the hospital?" The doctor looked around, he seemed like he was looking for an adult that could make the decision. "Where is your father?"

"My father is not around anymore." Ning Ning looked at him in distress. "Don't worry Mr. Doctor, we will pay the medical fees. You have to cure her, Sir."