Chapter 56

56: Girlfriend Impersonator

At this moment, a mobile phone rang.

It wasn't Ning Ning's, it was Wen Yu's.

"Hello." He answered the call, greatly aghast. "What did you say?"

Afterwards, he ran out of the door without waiting for the other party to finish, he did not even bother to take his coat and book with him. Ning Ning frantically collected those things and chased after him.

"I will be right there." Wen Yu hung up as he opened the car door.

The car door on the other side opened as Ning Ning sat in the car as well.

Wen Yu turned around and looked at her, she turned around and looked at Wen Yu.

"I helped you with these." She hugged the coat and book tightly. She did not intend to return them at all, because they were the only excuse for her to stay by his side. "...Incidentally,... incidentally, I can accompany you, you don't look so good at the moment."

Wen Yu looked at her deeply before turning back, he simply said, "Put on your seatbelt."

Ning Ning breathed a sigh of relief and put on her seatbelt.

...She quickly found out why he said that...

It was not an act of chivalry, nor was it a passing remark, because Wen Yu then drove at a life threatening speed. It was to the extent that Ning Ning had to crawl out of the car after it stopped at the hospital.

Wen Yu rushed into a ward and was slightly out of breath as he had run almost the whole way there. He shouted, "Father."

"You're here." Director Shi looked at him with a smile.

Ning Ning entered behind Wen Yu. She recognised Director Shi with one look. Although he had turned old and fat and was spread out on the bed like a blanket, his smile looked exactly the same as it was those many years ago, thus she addressed him very naturally, "Director Shi."

Director Shi shifted his vision onto her, his eyes brightened the moment he saw her holding on to Wen Yu's coat and book. He raised his eyebrows at Wen Yu. "Little rascal, you're finally willing to let me meet your girlfriend."

Ning Ning had just walked over. She almost retreated backwards when she heard those words, but Wen Yu reached out and grab her fingers.

She turned to look at him, and saw that he was pleading her with his eyes.

"...Yes, Uncle." Ning Ning slowly turned back and smiled at Director Shi, "He brings me here to meet you."

"Good. Good, good, good." Director Shi was so overwhelmed with joy, all he could say was 'good'.

At this moment, the doctor came looking for Wen Yu. Director Shi urged him, "Go, go. Both of you go out, I want to talk to this little girl."

Director Shi immediately activated parent interrogation mode after Wen Yu left the room. "How long have you known Little Yu?"

Ning Ning, "...It's been a while."

Director Shi, "Little Wen is someone who doesn't really know how to please a girl. What did you see in him?"

"He...he is cold on the outside but is warm inside." Ning Ning gave it a thought, "He doesn't really know how to say anything nice, but if anything were to happen, he would be the first to extend a helping hand."

"Haha, he is exactly that sort of person." Director Shi laughed heartily, "He is very reliable at critical moments. Please ask for as much help from him as possible, be it repairing your computer, your car, your phone..."