Chapter 139

139: Master

Ning Ning returned to the theater.

Although Director Chen had booked the place to be used as a publicity venue, it would only be utilised on the premiere day, so it was still servicing patrons as per usual.

Director Chen had already left once he had taken a look at the venue. The theater began to screen a youth art film after he left.

The film was probably terrible, so when Ning Ning entered, there were only a few people scattered across the audience seats. The number of audience was already pitiable, when Ning Ning entered, one of them got up and left, brushing shoulders with Ning Ning. Ning Ning gave way to him, then took out her phone and sent a message, "I'm here."

An arm was raised from the audience seats, waving twice.

Ning Ning walked over and sat next to the person.

Qu Yan flashed a friendly smile at her. Just as he was about to say something, Boss Qu who was beside him said blandly, "Alright, you can go back now."

"Ok." Qu Yan was very obedient, he immediately got up from his seat. "I'll be on my way then, you two have a nice chat."

After he left, there was an empty seat between Ning Ning and Boss Qu, but both of them remained seated in their current seats and did not move. Neither of them was willing to get up, neither of them was willing to change seats.

"The first ever punishment for sneaking in was not only to punish the person who snuck in." Ning Ning stared at the screen and said, "It was also to punish the doorman at the same time."

The doorman had accepted Zhao Da's bribes, he had allowed Zhao Da to watch ten to twenty plays without a ticket, the characters involved in the plays numbered up to a hundred people. Moreover, Zhao Da did not have to pay any kind of price.

That seemed to have enraged Life Opera House. Thus, in the first ever 'sneaking in' offense, Zhao Da was the 'stowaway' while the doorman was forced to be the 'executioner'. The two of them who once had a relationship as close as brothers turned on each other in this play. They fought each other with their lives as they tried to kill one another right then and there.

"The doorman usually receives protection from Life Theater. Besides the theater itself, no one could hurt nor kill him, only inside the movie <<Sneaking In>>..." Ning Ning turned her head and looked at Boss Qu, "the doorman would not be protected, he could be killed by anyone."

Zhao Da had successfully killed the alcoholic doorman. After all, the doorman was also a human once. Without the protection of the theater, what would differentiate them would be the malice and cunning of a human. The alcoholic doorman had unfortunately lost, but Zhao Da had not fared that much better. The new doorman didn't touch a drop of alcohol, the old tricks could not work anymore, Zhao Da could no longer enter the opera house, until one day, when he went to his neighbour's house to steal wine, he conveniently took the Life Ticket on the table...

"That's it?" Boss Qu said blandly.

Ning Ning was taken aback.

"You specifically looked for me just to tell me that?" Boss Qu sat in the audience seat, he looked at the screen and sneered. "I have known of these long ago. You saw it yourself, there were old people dressed in ancient clothes in the theater."

Those who dressed like ancient ladies, down and out scholars and ninth-rank officials were mostly not playing a role, they were just being themselves. The era which their clothes came from was the era where they came from, it brought the story of when they were from.