Chapter 28

28: The Second Adopter

After taking into consideration how the heavy drinking of the first adopter had caused fire and thus him burning to his death, Ning Ning selected very carefully this time around. She picked a language teacher. The teacher was fat, her face would scrunch up when she smiled, making her look very affable.

"I am fifty this year, I don't really have any bad habits, I would fish by the river at most." She introduced herself to the two of them, "I was never married, I never had a child either. As I am getting older, I want to raise a child to take care of me in my old age and send me off. Ah, do you like to read graphic novels?"

Wen Yu stopped in front of a bookshelf and looked up at her.

The Language Teacher smiled and took down the whole set of <<Investiture of the Gods>> and gave it to Wen Yu "Go read them in the living room, it has better lighting."

Wen Yu looked at Ning Ning again. Ning Ning nodded at him, he went to the living room hugging the novels. The Language Teacher closed the room door and said to Ning Ning, "Let's talk about him."

They did not know that Wen Yu did not go to the living room to read. Wen Yu stood outside of the room they were in, leaning on the wall to listen to their conversation.

Ning Ning pointed out a lot of good points about Wen Yu in the beginning, the Language Teacher only listened before she finally asked while laughing, "You like him so much, why not raise him yourself?"

"He is a very good kid." Ning Ning said after being silent for a while, "But I am not a very good adult. I do not have a permanent residence or a stable job. No savings, no ability to pay for his school fees, I also frequently...lose my temper. Rather than me, he should have a better person (to care for him)."

Wen Yu blinked, then suddenly walked towards the living room. He opened a novel and sat on the floor. Not long later, the sound of footsteps came from behind him. Ning Ning put her hand on his head. He looked up, placed his face in her palm longingly, and looked at her with the gentle eyes of a puppy.

"From today onwards, you will live with Teacher Yu." Ning Ning also looked at him gently, "You have to listen to her, do you understand?"

Wen Yu nodded meekly, then reached out and hugged her neck.

It was to the extent that even on the way back, the heat he passed over still lingered on Ning Ning's neck.

"You have to get better, better and better." Ning Ning touched her neck and said softly, "I also need to get better, better and better."

Back at the theater, it was already meal time. Ning Ning took the lunch box from the canteen staff. She just turned her head, but then turned back to the staff again and smiled with unfamiliarity, "Thank you."

The canteen staff was surprised, she touched the back of her head and said, "Oh, oh, you're welcome."

Ning Ning did not bring her lunch box back to the cellar. She sat on a chair at the side with her lunch box, the people at the same table immediately stopped chatting and gave her weird looks. Ning Ning opened the lunch box, she froze for a bit when she saw the piping hot meal. She resolutely picked up a pair of chopsticks and shoved the food into her mouth with determination while trembling at the same time.

The Socialite exclaimed with a smile, "My Lady Phantom, why do you have the time to eat with us today?"

"I am only a phantom on stage." Ning Ning replied with a smile, "Right now, I am a human."

I am a human! I want to have warm meals, I want to interact with people, I want to say thanks. I cannot lock myself in the cellar forever, I cannot lock myself in a coffin from the past!