Chapter 65

65: Photo Frames

The egg turned golden with a sizzle on the frying pan.

"How many eggs do you want?" Ning Ning stood in front of the pan while wearing an old apron.

"One will do." Pei Xuan's voice rang out from the living room.

Ning Ning made two sunny-side up eggs, she put both on a white porcelain plate. She turned around and walked out of the kitchen. As she was about to walk out she turned to take a glance at a photo frame on the wall.

Within the photo frame was a photo of Yan Qing. She was wearing the same apron as Ning Ning at the moment, in her hand was the same white porcelain plate, on the plate was even the same sunny side up egg—but that wasn't anything strange, Pei Xuan liked to have them.

Ning Ning locked eyes with the Yan Qing in the photo frame for a while before she turned away and left.

Sunlight was shining through the windows into the living room, the long table in the living room was covered by a red-and-white-checkered tablecloth, on top were two cups of soya milk and a plate of fried dough fritters.

Pei Xuan was sitting behind the table while reading the newspaper. He peeked out from behind the newspaper when he heard Ning Ning's footsteps, he said with a smile, "Come over, let me give you a good morning kiss."

Ning Ning bent over. He planted a kiss on her face. It was icy cold, there was no warmth, it felt like she got licked by the tongue of a snake.

She looked at a photo frame which was hung on the wall behind him with the corner of her eyes., Within the photo frame was yet another photo of Yan Qing. She was bending over, it seemed like she was waiting for someone to kiss her, it also seemed like she had just been kissed, giddy from the aftertaste with a smile on her mouth.

Just like how Ning Ning was at the moment.

"Alright, let's eat." Pei Xuan used his nose to rub Ning Ning's cheek. "We can discuss the matters of the house over the meal."

Then they had breakfast in front of the photo frame of Yan Qing.

"We can do away with the piano room, should we make it a baking room or a study for you?" Pei Xuan took a bite out of the sunny-side up.

"No need." Ning Ning said, "We are going overseas anyway, we will have to sell the house then. Wouldn't it be a waste of money to renovate the house now?"

"It's not a waste." Pei Xuan said with a smile, "Spending any amount of money is not wasteful as long as it pleases you."

This speech mannerism of an overbearing CEO, it would win the favour of a woman's heart no matter if it was ten years ago or ten years later, but Ning Ning was more curious about another matter.

"By the way." She asked casually, "What exactly do you do for a living?"

Poor Yan Qing, poor Yun Lin and poor Li Ping Ping, three women fell in love with the same man. One fell for his sweet talk, one fell for his striking appearance and one fell for his expensive watches and cars, yet the three of them didn't know what kind of person they fell in love with, they didn't even know what he did for a living.

"I work in a foreign securities company, I'm back this time for a vacation." Pei Xuan smiled, "What's the matter? You're only asking this now?"

They had already informed people of their engagement. There were people who congratulated them and there were those who mocked them. There were those who were envious and those who were jealous. No one mentioned Ning Ning by name anymore, they called her 'gold digger'. Such fine specimen of a man, there were a flock of people who would be willing to marry him even though he was a widower.