Chapter 43

43: No Other Choice

How could you see the reflection of the person behind you from a cup?

It was very simple.

He was bending over looking at you.

Ning Ning quickly pushed the table away and escaped to the side.

The person behind her did not run, he was still standing on the same spot, smiling at Ning Ning while looking at her sideways.

...Inconceivable, how did she know that he was smiling from behind the mask? She pulled herself together and questioned the other party, "...Who are you?"

The man was wearing a smiling mask along with white prison uniform. His neck was dyed in a circle of red, like a blood trail from decapitation.

He fixed his gaze on Ning Ning. Ning Ning didn't know what he saw on her, but he smiled even more happily and raised his hand towards her, "For you."

In his palm was a crumpled movie ticket.

This felt like a deja vu. Ning Ning had once rejected this offer, she could not agree to it this time as well, she quickly shook her head.

Ning Ning grabbed Ning Yu Ren's arm, went around the Masked Man and ran out of the door.

Once they stepped outside, they were encapsulated in a hubbub of voices. A lot of the crew were outside of the shop, people were having kebabs and drinking beers. Shi Zhong Tang walked towards them with kebabs in each hand. He spread his arms out like a peacock and smiled, "Afraid of getting fat?"

Ning Ning breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of him. She turned back and took a look, the Masked Man was no longer behind her.

"...I'm not." She turned back. For the sake of calming her nerves, she reached out for one of the kebabs in his hands.

Shi Zhong Tang ended up raising the kebab high in the air, he also waved it at her cheaply, "I am, I have to give you a piggyback ride up to the top of the building in tomorrow's scene!"

...Don't offer it to me if you won't let me have it!!

Afterwards, Ning Ning returned to the hotel with most of the people. She suddenly heard the sound of someone knocking from the outside as she closed the door.

"Who is it?" Ning Ning turned back.

"It's me." It was Shi Zhong Tang's voice.

"Is there something else you want from me?" Ning Ning returned to the door. She reflexively attempted to look at the peephole, but peepholes were not yet a common feature in this time period. Only a small amount of the wealthy houses had it installed, some hotels didn't even have such facilities.

"I forgot to give you something." Shi Zhong Tang laughed. "Open the door please."

"What is it?" Ning Ning asked.

"You'll find out when you open the door." Shi Zhong Tang replied.

It should be a love letter or a rose...

Ning Ning was even more unwilling to open the door now. She had rejected his confession previously, things between them were already a little awkward. Truthfully, she was not good at rejecting people, especially when a person was expressing goodwill. Every rejection was a kind of torment to her.

"It's alright, it's late now." She could not think of a better solution for now, so she could only evade the topic. "Give it to me tomorrow."

Silence followed. Suddenly, Ning Yu Ren's voice rang out, "Oh, what are you doing here."