Chapter 70

70: Person by the Pillow

Flames burst into the sky. Ning Ning opened her eyes from the audience seat.

"Welcome back." Shi Zhong Tang's voice rang out beside her ear. He was sitting on the seat beside her, they were shoulder to shoulder with their heads leaning on the other as intimately as lovers. He whispered to her, "Hush, it's about to start."

Ning Ning swallowed her words and watched the screen along with him.

The movie began.

A bridal bouquet flew up in the air and descended on a group of people, pairs upon pairs of hands were reaching out towards it. In the end, a chubby hand caught it.

"Congratulations, Yun Lin." Yan Qing walked towards her while holding up her bridal gown, she smiled innocently. "The next person to get married would definitely be you."

"Thank you." Yun Lin smiled at Yan Qing while embracing the bouquet, her smile held a very deep meaning.

"Introduce her to your friends or colleagues." Yan Qing turned around and looked at the groom beside her. "Yun Lin here is a very nice person."

Ning Ning's breath became unstable once the man dressed in a black suit appeared on screen.

"Sure, I will ask around." Pei Xuan smiled elegantly. He took the opportunity to glance behind him and smiled at Yun Lin as he whisked Yan Qing away.

This happened right under the nose of Yan Qing, but she trusted her husband too much, she trusted her best friend too much, that was why she did not think that anything was off.

"What is this?"

The wedding had ended, the couple returned to their new house. Once they entered the door, Yan Qing saw that the house was filled with photo frames, every photo frame had a photo of herself. At a glance, it looked like she was being stared at by countless versions of herself.

"It's a wedding gift to you." Pei Xuan hugged her from behind, saying gently, "Do you like it?"

Honestly speaking, it wouldn't matter if it was one or two photos, but filling the house with her photos made Yan Qing feel a little uncomfortable. But she could only play along for now, she forced out a smile. "I do."

"I knew you would like it." Pei Xuan smiled. His look held a deeper meaning as he looked at the new house. "From today onwards, this villa would be filled with you."

Yan Qing did not know what he really meant by that statement at the time.

Until a series of events happened later.

A random man forced a kiss on her and she was photographed right at that moment. The photographs were then plastered everywhere across the school. The principal talked to her, her colleagues gossiped about her, the students looked at her in a different way, her parents cried, her best friend distanced herself...

Yan Qing felt like she was being abandoned by the world, luckily there was one person who had not abandoned her.

"The world and the people outside would only hurt you." Pei Xuan caressed her cheek and looked at her pitifully. "You may as well stay here."

Yan Qing was taken aback. "What do you mean?"

"You don't have to explain to those people anymore, they won't believe you no matter what you say anyway." Pei Xuan said, "Quit your job, stay in the house and don't go out, don't meet anyone outside either. Everyone would forget about it after a month or so."

Yan Qing was slightly perturbed. She considered it for a moment before shaking her head with a sense of loss. "What about my father and mother? Even if everyone couldn't find me, they could still find my parents. If they couldn't scold me, they would scold them. Boohoo..."