Chapter 38

38: Odd-Numbered Designated Ticket

Ning Ning stood at the entrance (of the theater) for a very long time, before slowly walking towards the poster.

A shadow loomed over her, she looked up, the Doorman was standing in front of her.

He didn't say a word, but he was more compelling than one who was loquacious. Ning Ning took two steps back as she was unable to bear the imposing aura emanating from his body. However, she walked forward again defiantly and said to him, "Let me in!"

"You don't have a ticket." He said coldly.

"No!" Ning Ning carelessly grabbed three tickets out of her purse, these were the inheritance from her mother. She raised them up and showed them to him, "I have tickets!"

The instance the Doorman saw the tickets in her hand, his expression changed into something extremely scary.

There was no wind, but the tickets were shaking. It did not come from the tickets, it was from the hand that was holding them. Her heart was obviously scared out of her life, but Ning Ning still strained her throat and told him, "Let me in!"

The Doorman shifted his vision onto her face, he was visibly in rage. "It's not time yet!"

It was only 8pm, there were four whole hours till midnight.

How should I kill time?

The Doorman clenched his fist like he was forcibly restraining the anger in his mind. He pointed to a restaurant opposite with his chin, "Go have a meal, go home early after you are done...or watch a movie with a friend, sing karaoke? You must have other things to do, stop loitering in front of me all the time!"

He could not hold back his temper at the end of the sentence. But if you look at it carefully, rather than rage, it looked more like an indescribable anxiety.

Ning Ning looked at him for a while before turning around and heading to the restaurant. Before the Doorman could breathe a sigh of relief, he heard footsteps approaching him again. He looked up and saw her running back. She had plastic bags in her left hand, a cup of milk tea in her right hand, she handed them to him, "Do you want to eat?"

The Doorman did not accept her bribe, he stared at her and told her word for word instead, "Why are you always unwilling to listen to me?"

Ning Ning looked away, she could not point out what she was afraid of. Was it his overwhelming ferocious demeanour? Or was it his overly familiar eyes?

She looked at the poster beside him and said, "My mom will be in today's movie."

The Doorman, "..."

"I want to meet her." Ning Ning walked away from him towards the poster. "I have a lot of questions for her."

Time could be fleeting, but as long as you wanted it, every second could be put to good use.

Like now.

Ning Ning stopped in front of the poster, then she began to investigate it.

The two previous transmigrations told her that the content of the poster was actually very important.

An unassuming detail might be the most important clue that run through the whole movie—for example, the small wooden box on the poster of <<Republic Circus>>. The surroundings depicted on the poster might very well be a hint of the environment the lead character was in—for example, the people who were gossiping in the surroundings of Wen Yu who would eventually sink in a swamp.

The poster this time as compared to the two previous times was...too ordinary.

It looked like an ordinary promotional poster for an ancient idol drama. There was an elegant man in white ancient costume. He held a brush in his left hand, his right hand was behind his body, he was painting on a fine writing paper. He had just started painting an outline of what seemed to be a person.