Chapter 144

144: Invisible Man

Dinner, Ning Ning had it at a coffee shop.

The person who bought dinner was Wen Yu.

He handed the menu to the waiter, the waiter bowed slightly before leaving. Wen Yu asked Ning Ning, "Am I causing a lot of trouble for you?"

Ning Ning shrugged, smiling at him with a bit of helplessness.

She had originally planned to go home already, but she had gotten a call from Director Shi halfway through, telling her not to leave as Wen Yu was about to catch up with her.

Anyone could see that Wen Yu was forced to come over by Director Shi, the purpose of this meal was equivalent to matchmaking.

"After a few days, when my father's health gets a little better, I will explain things to him clearly." Wen Yu also smiled helplessly. "So that he won't call and bother you anymore."

"Director Shi is a very good person, I will be very happy to talk to him." Before Ning Ning could finish speaking, Wen Yu's phone rang. Both of their expressions changed. They looked at each other at the same time, both thinking: Is that Director Shi calling to check on them?

Wen Yu took a look at his phone in a hurry, then breathed a sigh of relief. He stood up and told Ning Ning, "It's one of my patients. Apologies, I'll go take the call."

After leaving his seat, Wen Yu went over to a window that had no one around to answer the call.

"Doctor Wen." Madam Qin's voice rang out from the phone, her voice was trembling slightly.

Hearing that her emotions were a bit out of the ordinary, Wen Yu asked gently, "Madam Qin, is something the matter?"

While he was taking the call, the steak and salad were served. Ning Ning was holding a toothpick with her right hand, on the toothpick was half a piece of an apple. She was chewing on it slowly when she suddenly saw Wen Yu enter in a hurry. He grabbed his coat that was draped over the back of the chair and told her, "Apologies, I have an urgent matter to attend to, I'll be off."

Ning Ning was stunned. Shi Zhong Tang walked over from behind Wen Yu, bending down and saying by her ear, "Follow him."

After frantically putting down her chopsticks, Ning Ning got up and chased after him. It might be due to the urgency of the matter, Wen Yu's pace was also urgent. Ning Ning seemed to be half jogging along the way, finally catching up to him at the carpark. She shouted while feeling out of breath, "Wait up."

Wen Yu who had opened the car door and was about to enter his car turned his head around.

"He had just answered a call from a patient," Shi Zhong Tang said behind Ning Ning, "if I'm not mistaken, the patient should be entangled with a certain masked person. We have to follow him, he won't be able to deal with a masked person alone."

Ning Ning had a cold expression on her face. She walked over and said, "Let's go together."

Wen Yu looked very vexed, "I'm about to go deal with a work matter..."

"Director Shi just gave me a call, I'm guessing he will call and check on us later." Ning Ning interrupted him. She apologised to the innocent Director Shi in her heart, then continued to spout nonsense, "Before he recovers, we cannot stimulate him. Let's continue to play a couple, alright?"

Thus, when Madam Qin looked out of her peephole, she saw that there was one extra person.

"Who is she?" Miss Qin did not open the door, asking cautiously through the door.