Chapter 88

88: Come Find Me

Just as Pei Xuan's voice trailed out, his mobile phone rang.

"Hello" Pei Xuan answered the phone.

"Let my sister go." Mu Gua's cold voice rang out from the other end, "Otherwise, I will bring the girl from the attic to where you are now."

Pei Xuan was stunned, then he said while looking calm, "I'm sorry, my surname is not Zhang, you got the wrong number."

He hung up, but the phone quickly rang again.

"Looks like you're a busy man." Ning Ning stared at him.

"Apologies, let me handle this." Pei Xuan smiled impatiently at her, then went into the washroom without so much as a by your leave. Just as he entered, the phone stopped its ringing. He looked at his surroundings for a moment, seeing that there was no one around, he immediately called someone.

Police station.

The crew-cut man was getting his statement taken, he was making a report about how the fourth son of the Lian family had killed someone with his car and had absconded a few years ago.

Suddenly, his mobile phone rang. He smiled at the policeman. "I'm sorry, it's probably my father, can I go take this call?"

"Be done with it and come back quickly." The policeman said.

The person who provided for you could also be regarded as a parent, Crew-cut Man—in other words, Pei Xuan's lackey—quickly found a place to answer the phone. "Hello, Brother Pei, what's up?"

"Mu Gua has brought Lian Lian away." Pei Xuan said in a straightforward manner.

"What?" Crew-cut Man was so shocked that he almost jumped up. "Then do I have to report it to the police?"

"...Get a few men to circle around the phone booths nearby the Lian Estate, and also shops that have public phones." Pei Xuan said blandly, "I think he should already be nearby, but he cannot come in, that's why he is coming after me by calling me. "

"Ok, I will immediately arrange for the manpower." Crew-cut Man answered.

He frantically called a few other people after he hung up. If Mu Gua was here, they would definitely be able to recognise him with a glance.

The few people (he called) were the chef, the gardener and the butler respectively. Originally, they had their own duties. For example, the crew-cut man was responsible for making a report on the fourth son of the Lian family, but faced with this sudden situation, one of them asked with doubt, "Looking for a person? Now? What about Brother Pei's original arrangement?"

"Listen to Brother Pei. Look for the boy first, we can talk about the other things later." The crew-cut man said unpleasantly.

The few of them stared at each other, then stopped what they were doing and started to look for Mu Gua around Lian Estate.

On the other side, after Pei Xuan hung up, he came out of the washroom and returned to sit beside Ning Ning.

"How is it?" He asked quietly, "Did anything important happen while I was gone?"

"The old man told someone to inform us that we should stay for the afternoon to have a family lunch together." Ning Ning answered while being distracted as she recounted the plot for this part.

In the biography, in the script, the next part was titled <<Poison>>.

Old Master Lian did not allow any outsiders to participate because it was a family feast, no matter if it was the brain trust or their confidants, they were all chased off.