Chapter 77

77: Identical?

There was no mouth on the mask, there seemed to be no mouth under it as well.

The masked person in front of her was gesticulating with his hands and feet, trying to express something to Ning Ning, but he was only able to make meaningless sounds. He tilted his head to think as he saw Ning Ning's blank expression, then abruptly took something out from his pocket and attempted to shove it in Ning Ning's hands.

It was a ticket.

There was a stamp on it, on the stamp was his portrait.

A main character ticket.

Ning Ning got frightened and took a step back after she took a good look at it, she waved her hands repeatedly. "I don't want that."

The masked person tilted his head again. He kept the main character ticket, then searched around with his other hand and took another ticket out from his breast pocket.

An ordinary ticket.

"Ah, ah..." He reached out with the ordinary ticket towards Ning Ning, he seemed to be asking, would this do?

Ning Ning looked at the ticket then looked at him. She still did not dare to take the ticket, because it was clearly mentioned in Ning Yu Ren's will: "Unless it's a last resort1, never accept a ticket from a staff member." Did the ticket here refer only to the main character ticket, or did it include any other ticket?

"Alright, I told you she wouldn't take these." Shi Zhong Tang placed his arm over Ning Ning's shoulders and winked at the masked person in front of him.

The masked person's shoulders drooped like a deflated balloon.

The movie was about to start now, Shi Zhong Tang pulled Ning Ning over to the seats and sat down.

"What exactly is going on?" Ning Ning was incredulous. "What did he want?"

"He wants to get in your good books." Shi Zhong Tang said with a smile, "So that you will do him a favour."

"...What favour?" Ning Ning looked at him.

"There's no rush." Shi Zhong Tang turned her face towards the screen. "How can you ask for a favour without offering something up? If you won't accept the ticket, then he has to offer you something else."

Upon finishing, he turned around and looked at the masked person beside him who was unwilling to leave. He said blandly without a smile, "You should leave, the movie is about to begin."

The masked person looked at him then at Ning Ning, before turning around with difficulty as he left unwillingly.

"...Why does it feel like you are bullying him?" Ning Ning could not help but say after he left.

"Are you kidding me? Where do I have the time to bully a chubby kid?" Shi Zhong Tang pretended to be surprised as he looked at Ning Ning. "If I wanted to bully anyone, it would be you."

Ning Ning was taken aback by his words.

"I'll make you cry, make you hate me." Shi Zhong Tang smiled and said, "Then I'll help you wipe your tears, tell you that I was joking, that I actually love you the most. I'll wait for you to let your guards down, then I'll..."

He took advantage of when Ning Ning had her guard down, suddenly pinching her face, turning her mouth into an 'o' shape.

"...Shi Zhong Tang!!"

Amidst Shi Zhong Tang's laughter and Ning Ning's angry shouts, the lights dimmed and the main theme started playing.

"My angel talked to me today, she said I am as fat as a watermelon." The cracked voice of a teenage boy rang out, his voice was filled with love and helplessness. "My angel smiled at me. She laughed at my singing, saying that it sounded like a duck. For the sake of making her laugh, I quack, quack, quack..."