Chapter 161

161: Choose Me

What exactly are my feelings towards him?

She could not help but have her vision lingered on him. It was impossible to say that she was completely indifferent about him, but to say that she was passionately in love with him like how Director Chen...not many people could do that.

Because Director Chen loved too insanely, he burned everything, sacrificed everything. In the end, he was going to sacrifice himself as well.

"Ready up."

Ning Ning suddenly came back to her senses, she realised that everyone in the crew was looking at her.

"Ready up." Director Chen said coldly to her while seated in his wheelchair, "<<Phantom of the Theater>>, scene fifteen—Seeing Heaven—has already begun."

The one who portrayed the male lead Lu Yun He was still Director Chen's son, Chen Shuang He.

For the sake of this role, he had especially lost five kilograms of weight. He was wearing a blanched t-shirt, making him look even more skinny and pitiful. Amidst the autumn wind, he was holding a broom, sweeping, then abruptly looking back at the stage behind him with eyes filled with envy and yearning.

He looked to the left and right, then all of a sudden, he smiled happily and placed the broom to the side, climbing onto the stage with both his arms and legs. He clapped his hands as he stood up, copying the main actor in his memory, taking a few steps pretentiously as he put his hands behind his back and sang, "I am the partner born of the fairest line, for whom you wait as the river of years rolls past."

It was haphazard, he was just singing for his own pleasure.

He sang this song back and forth a few times. When he finally sang it for the fourth time, just as he was singing the second part, an answer came from the floor above, "I am the partner born of the fairest line, for whom you wait as the river of years rolls past."

It was so genteel, it was so moving, it was such an unfamiliar...female voice.

She stopped after singing one line, as if waiting for Chen Shuang He to continue.

Chen Shuang He was astonished for a moment. He frantically pinched his throat, gulped down mouthfuls of water to moisten his throat, then corrected his tone and copied how she sang, "I am the partner born of the fairest line, for whom you wait as the river of years rolls past."

"Everywhere I have searched in compassion for you, secluded in your chamber."

"There, just beyond this railing, peony lined against the mound of weather Tai-hu rocks."

Line by line, she sang a line, he sang a line.

Until her voice no longer rang out, Chen Shuang He opened his eyes that had been long closed, his chest undulated a little, his body slightly shivered for a reason unknown to him.

He took deep breaths while he stood on the spot, then he walked towards the second floor.

The camera followed after his footsteps. The wooden staircase creaked as his shoes stepped on it, there was the sound of a door opening. On the box seat that could look down on the entire audience, there was an old-fashioned wooden armchair in the center. He carefully walked over, but there was no one in sight.