Chapter 146

146: People of Different Surnames

Wen Yu could not see him.

Shi Zhong Tang seemingly smashed his own face at the other. His speed was quick, his momentum was forceful, anybody would have reacted to it. However, Wen Yu didn't even blink, he did not step back in surprise either. He stood his ground with his regular expression, smiling at Ning Ning. "I've made a fool out of myself, I did not think there would still be an old theater like this."

Ning Ning looked at him for half an instant before she said with a smile, "What about the people? What do you think?"

"People?" Wen Yu was stunned, he looked at his surroundings. "...Where?"

The people had always been around, by his side.

Besides Shi Zhong Tang, there were also other masked people. Although there were less than usual, but seeing them enter, all of the masked people came over from different corners, laughing in a strange manner. One by one they said to them, "Welcome back."

"Welcome back."

"Hehe, welcome back."

Who were they welcoming?

Shi Zhong Tang, or Wen Yu who was once a masked person? Or maybe...her who was a regular customer?

"Over there." Ning Ning pointed at a masked person. "Not only is the theater old, the staff members here are also very old, what do you think?"

Wen Yu looked at where she was pointing and said with a laugh, "They are young at heart. Some old folks can't stand not doing anything, the more you want them to retire and stay home, the more their health would decline. On the contrary, holding a job would maintain their mental and physical health."

The masked person that Ning Ning was pointing at was at a tender age, he looked around seven or eight. The reason she had said that he was old was because he was wearing a jade pendant around his neck, a scarlet ancient robe and a pair of deer skin shoes—he looked like a young master from a rich family in a Ming or Qing dynasty novel. Saying that he was old was just saying that he had a lot of seniority being a masked person.

"Ok," Ning Ning interrupted him, "you can't see anything, right?"

Wen Yu stopped speaking and looked at her quietly.

"No wonder you hesitated so long when I asked you if the person on the poster looked like me." Ning Ning could not help but let out a laughter, she shook her head, "You can't even see the poster, right?"

Wen Yu did not refute her. At this time, silence meant admission.

"You had the cheek to say ladies first." Ning Ning stared at him. "You just heard someone else talk about Life Theater, but you cannot see it at all, that's why you need a person to bring you in, right?"

Wen Yu sighed after she stared at him for a long while. "Yes."

"I knew it." Shi Zhong Tang walked a few rounds around him, laughing with his hands clasped behind his back. "He does not fit the standards of the theater at all—no, he is the complete opposite of the standards. Full of hope and forgiveness, instead of changing the past, he would want to change the future more... Even if the whole world were to be able to come in, he probably wouldn't be able to."

Wen Yu seemed to not want to be tangled up with this problem anymore. He sat on a random chair, a group of masked people immediately surrounded him. One of them bent down, narrowed their eyes and looked at the ticket in his hand. They looked up and said, "Customer, the ticket you have is an ordinary ticket, you cannot sit on a designated seat."