Chapter 100

100: Snow

Mama was acting too weird.

Ning Yu Ren spent half a day teaching Ning Ning how to walk out of the forest. When she got home that night, she smiled at Xu Rong at the dinner table and said, "Director Chen called me today, he wants to start filming a new movie immediately with Ning Ning as the female lead."

Xu Rong was surprised. "As the child version of the female lead?"

"No, it's the female lead herself." Ning Yu Ren said, "This movie is titled <<Agent Stay-home Dad>>, depicting the story of a retired special agent and a little girl. It's going to be the New Year comedy film for the year. The lead actor is Guo Cheng Dong, there will also be cameos from quite a number of big stars, like Qiao Yue Hua, Xie Xin..."

She listed off seven to eight of the hottest stars at that time, finally saying with a laugh, "But after I thought about it, I should reject this for Ning Ning."

"Why?" Xu Rong looked at her, confused. "This is such a good opportunity."

"Because she's not old enough." Ning Yu Ren turned around and looked at Ning Ning who was sitting beside her. "The female lead for this film is at least seven or eight years old, she is but four."

Xu Rong and Xiao Yu glanced at each other. After dinner, Xu Rong quickly washed the dishes then knocked on the door to Ning Yu Ren's room, the two of them discussed something in the room with one another.

Ning Ning sat in her own room and played with a Rubik's cube, looking at the door from time to time.

There was indeed a film titled <<Agent Stay-home Dad>> in history, it was indeed a New Year movie. The director was really Director Chen, there was also definitely a number of cameos from big stars, but the lead actor was an eight-year-old boy, named Chen Shuang He...

Mama lied to her, but why?

The door was suddenly flung open, Ning Yu Ren walked out of the room.

Ning Ning tossed the Rubik's cube in her hand aside as she called out, "Mama..."

She did not know what to follow up her call with.

The Ning Yu Ren in front of her felt too unfamiliar, Ning Ning could not help but think, "Was Mama like this in the past?"

Lying without blinking, harming herself, smiling everyday, but never truly smiling. She was completely different from the Ning Yu Ren from Ning Ning's memory. She seemed to always be in pain, to be tired, as if she had just struggled to crawl out from Hell.

"What's the matter?" Ning Yu Ren sat by Ning Ning's side, touching her hand ever so gently. At this moment, she was like Mama from Ning Ning's memory again.

"...What did Nanny Xu tell you?" Ning Ning asked.

"She asked me for help, to help Xiao Yu get the role of a female lead." Ning Yu Ren smiled as she asked, "I rejected her, guess what she did next?"

"Was she very sad?" Ning Ning asked.

"No, she was angry." Ning Yu Ren, "She said I had previously promised to help her, to help Xiao Yu."

Ning Ning was speechless.

"Tell me why that person is so weird. I helped her so much, but she remembers none of it. The one time I rejected helping her, she got so mad, as if I owed her or something." Ning Yu Ren shook her head and smiled at Ning Ning. "Forget it, let's not talk about her. Ning Ning, do you want to go out and play recently?"

"Play where?" Ning Ning asked.

"At Mama's friend's place." Ning Yu Ren said, "He loves children, especially when you are still this cute. If you were to ask anything from him, he would give it to you. If you wanted to go play, he would be willing to bring you anywhere."